Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2012, 18:24   #61
Junior Member+

Re: Anyone Go to St. Christopher's C of E High?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Did you know Barry Jefferson by anychance?
Hi Jaysay
I was also one of the first pupils to go to St Christophers i was in Mr Ridings form and cutherbert house I remember Mrs Livesey needlework teacher Mrs Richards Geography Mr Blackburn Maths and English I was also in the school choir on opening day puils in my class you might know Fred Cliffe, Martin Hale, jim wigglesworth, Mr Day's voice you could hear all round the school Mr Rushton Art would like to hear from you.
Dobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2012, 19:12   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
Hi Jaysay
I was also one of the first pupils to go to St Christophers i was in Mr Ridings form and cutherbert house I remember Mrs Livesey needlework teacher Mrs Richards Geography Mr Blackburn Maths and English I was also in the school choir on opening day puils in my class you might know Fred Cliffe, Martin Hale, jim wigglesworth, Mr Day's voice you could hear all round the school Mr Rushton Art would like to hear from you.
Hi Dobbie I didn,t go to St Christopher,s but my boyfriend at the time did Martyn Rushton lived on Annie st.Also someone mentioned a Mr Beillby,by coincidence I was watching an old Family Fortunes last night & there was a Beilby family from Accy on.
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 20:53   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
Hi Jaysay
I didn't actually go to St Christophers myself, its just that Barry was a friend of mine and he was there at the first intake.
Old 26-05-2012, 22:26   #64
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I didn't actually go to St Christophers myself, its just that Barry was a friend of mine and he was there at the first intake.
Dobbie, you might remember Barry Jefferson, he was in our class at Central Prep School, he's on the photos.
Old 27-05-2012, 08:49   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Dobbie, you might remember Barry Jefferson, he was in our class at Central Prep School, he's on the photos.
Was that Miss Cawfields Susie the little grey sells are going
Old 27-05-2012, 10:06   #66
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Was that Miss Cawfields Susie the little grey sells are going
Yep or Miss Caulfields as it was usually known . Dobbie joined Accyweb recently and was in my class at the Central Prep school.
Old 27-05-2012, 14:03   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Yep or Miss Caulfields as it was usually known . Dobbie joined Accyweb recently and was in my class at the Central Prep school.
Ah well spelling isn't my strong suit susie
Old 27-05-2012, 17:50   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassy rvr View Post
Hi Dobbie I didn,t go to St Christopher,s but my boyfriend at the time did Martyn Rushton lived on Annie st.Also someone mentioned a Mr Beillby,by coincidence I was watching an old Family Fortunes last night & there was a Beilby family from Accy on.
Rushy was a good mate of mine at chrissies , believe he is a policeman now.Just looked at your profile and you meant Martin senior i meant Martin junior.
Old 27-05-2012, 17:57   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Rushy was a good mate of mine at chrissies , believe he is a policeman now.Just looked at your profile and you meant Martin senior i meant Martin junior.
Yes just looked at yours I was about to say and you beat me to it,thanks for the reply though
Old 27-05-2012, 18:02   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes just looked at yours I was about to say and you beat me to it,thanks for the reply though
It was always funny when you went to call for him because his mum would not let you call him rushy and thats all we called him, we could never remember his first name and she would just stare at us on the doorstep in silence until we could remember, which was awkward to say the least
Old 27-05-2012, 18:18   #71

Quote:
It was always funny when you went to call for him because his mum would not let you call him rushy and thats all we called him, we could never remember his first name and she would just stare at us on the doorstep in silence until we could remember, which was awkward to say the least
I can imagine although I never knew who Martyn married,he was my 1st boyfriend and we were together for about 3yrs we did meet up again a number of yrs ago at a Knowlmere st reunion he was working on the ferries then.
Old 27-05-2012, 18:27   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think Martin Rushton was the year above me. At junior school i hasten to add not Chrissys.
Old 27-05-2012, 18:34   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
I can imagine although I never knew who Martyn married,he was my 1st boyfriend and we were together for about 3yrs we did meet up again a number of yrs ago at a Knowlmere st reunion he was working on the ferries then.
Thats right he was a chef on the ferries for years.
Old 27-05-2012, 21:16   #74

Quote:
Thats right he was a chef on the ferries for years.
It,s great when someone remembers someone from your past, at the time we met up again he had an Honda Goldwing.
Old 27-05-2012, 21:44   #75
Junior Member+

Hi Beechy do you remember me Mariae Allen what is your name I bet I know you why is my favourite man Billy Fury your picture and I agree its like I have never been gone I left accrington about 1978 went to live in liverpool but still visited accrington to see my gran
I now live in Lanzarote retired here last May
Dobbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..