Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2006, 08:07   #1
Senior Member+

Anyone know of a Lorraine who lived in Rising Bridge.

Hi, some people in Australia are trying to renew contact with a Rising Bridge family they knew in the 1970's. Unfortunately the husband and wife seem to have died but ... they had a daughter called Lorraine. They lived in Oak Bank Avenue ??? Anyone know of Lorraine please?
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2006, 16:23   #2
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Re: Anyone know of a Lorraine who lived in Rising Bridge.

I knew a Lorraine (cannot remember her surname, possibly Heys) used to live in OAK AVENUE Rising Bridge. No Idea where she is now but could make some enquiries, any other details known about the family?
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 21:54   #3
Senior Member+

Hi Mitzy, sounds about right. All I know is the family in Australia whom her parents (and her) got really friendly with are trying to make contact. Mum was Patricia, Dad was Derrick, thats all I know. It would be good if you could find out where she lives. She may be chuffed to hear from the family after all these years.
Atarah
Old 14-04-2006, 17:47   #4
Full Member+

Bezerk Champion!

I have asked around the people I know who lived in Rising Bridge, so far no-one can remember them but I'll carry on asking around and let you know if I get anywhere, meanwhile any snippets connected to the family would be more than helpful.......
Old 14-04-2006, 18:25   #5
Senior Member+

Anyone know of a Lorraine who lived in Rising Bridge.

Hi Mitzy, thanks for email, they had an elder son who was serving in the British Army at the time they emigrated i.e. early 1970 and didn't make the trip. His name was Glen (or Glenn).

Atarah
Old 15-04-2006, 07:13   #6
Full Member+

Bezerk Champion!

Hi
Why not put an appeal on radio Lancashire Action Line, some-one listening to the programme may remember the family, meanwhile I'll carry on asking around.
Old 15-04-2006, 18:27   #7
Senior Member+

Thanks for the radio suggestion. Might just try that one!
Atarah
Old 15-04-2006, 20:17   #8
Full Member+

Bezerk Champion!

Are you by any chance a member of friends re-united, If so I can give you some names of people who lived in Rising Bridge, not sure where they are now but worth a try if you are a member you can contact them.
Old 23-07-2006, 09:19   #9
Junior Member+

Hi, yes I know Lorraine. I was at her aunties birthday party last night (Pats sister) and passed on your message to her cousin. Lorraine wasn't there.
PatsyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 10:45   #10
Junior Member+

Patsy...i'm the one from australia looking for Lorraine, if you could pass on my email address it would be greatly appreciated...it's: [email protected]

thanks in advance...Wayne Jones
jonesesofcanberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 18:08   #11
Junior Member+

Hi Wayne,
Will pass it on for you...........
Hope you hear from her soon.
Patsy
PatsyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 17:22   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah
Hi, some people in Australia are trying to renew contact with a Rising Bridge family they knew in the 1970's. Unfortunately the husband and wife seem to have died but ... they had a daughter called Lorraine. They lived in Oak Bank Avenue ??? Anyone know of Lorraine please?
hi its lorraine potter's daughter, who is this, and why do u want to get in contact with her, if you could reply and tell me who it is i will let my mum know you are trying to contact her. One of my mum's friends told her that someone was trying to get in contact with her, so she asked me to have a look for her. Please reply, she is very eager to know who you are. thanks. x
meganpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 17:29   #13

All of the information you have gathered is correct and i am very sure you are looking for my mum!! She used to live on Oak Avenue and my grandma and granadad wer indeed called Patricia and Derek Haworth. I will pass on useful e-mail addresses and my mum will try and get in touch soon, Megan x
meganpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 00:36   #14
Junior Member+

hello Megan,
I am the person looking for your Mum. I knew her when she lived out here in Australia way back in the 1970's, because her Mum and Dad knew my Mum and Dad (Nancy and Snowy). We lost touch after her family moved back to the UK and especially after your Grandma passed away.
I was trying to contact Lorraine again to find out how things were going and to just let her know about how things are going down here.
We have a family homepage (http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adslxt2m...erra_2006.htm), some old photos (http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jon...erra/my_photos) and our email address is [email protected] Please feel free to have a look at them and then send us an email so we can talk about old times etc.
At this stage, I have only had emails from Patsy Maggie.
Hope to hear from you or your Mum soon.
Regards,
Wayne Jones
Old 25-10-2006, 09:21   #15
Junior Member+

Contact Made!

Thanks one and all for your help and assistance, have just finished a long email to Lorraine!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..