Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2011, 18:36   #1

Barlow Family history

Hi , I'm after any info on my grandads family,i've got all the census's and birth certs and things I now want to go abit deeper and find out more about the clubs and thing he was in.
Jack Barlow was his name,he was born in Higher Antley St 1913 stayed around that area until he got married to Gladys Banks in 1936 then moved to Orange St. Ended up living on Queens Rd West until his death in1987.
He had something to do with Accrington Motorcycle Club in the 60's( he was the starter in alot of the rallies)
He was a member of the Oddfellows.
He had an allotment at the back of Queens Rd/Gloucester Ave,he loved gardening and won prizes.He was also the head gardener at Mitton Hall,Whalley.
He went to school at St Peters and was in the choir.
His wife Gladys was the housekeeper at Mitton Hall and also worked at the Dunkenhalgh when the Queen visited in the 60/70s?
I can remember him parking his three wheeler in the carpark on Union st ,sitting on the benches and putting the world to rights with all the other 'old gits',haha.Bless
jendaw66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2011, 19:12   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Barlow Family history

There's a photo of the Queen's visit to the Dunkenhalgh in this thread.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...60s-36191.html

Though you might have seen it already.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 19:43   #3

Re: Barlow Family history

No,I haven't seen that,thanks garinda.I've got an old cine film of the royal visit.My grandad took it from inside one of the rooms at the front of the Dunk.Perfect view!
jendaw66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..