Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2022, 19:11   #1
Senior Member+

Coun Jimmy Dickinson

I am chairman of the Acfcrington Grammar School Old Boys Association and want to trace a Jimmy Dickinson who started at AGS in 1949, making him now 84years old if sti8ll alive. The only thing I know aboiut him is that he became a town councillor Can anyone tell me about Jimmy which might help me to enrol him onjto our register ?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2022, 08:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Coun Jimmy Dickinson

AI have traced and spoken to Jim Dickinson this morning. I don't know how to delete this thread, so please ignore it - apart from noting that I am alwaysd pleased to hear from or about any AGSOBs.
Old 12-10-2022, 16:33   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
AI have traced and spoken to Jim Dickinson this morning. I don't know how to delete this thread, so please ignore it - apart from noting that I am alwaysd pleased to hear from or about any AGSOBs.
Bob I only went to Woodnook, one below a "Grammer" but I can still spell always, not as (alwaysd), by the way do you have a sadly deceased old mate of mine called Alan Crawshaw, the (hairdresser) on your list of old "Grammer School" boys?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 19:38   #4
Senior Member+

Taddy- all them vegetables you grow and eat are giving you better eyesight than I've got. My main trouble is that I forget to check what I've written for spelling mistakes. My chubby fingers don't help either. The listing of Grammar School boys on our website (AGSOB) shows only one Crawshaw - Stephen ( 1964-71)
Old 13-10-2022, 08:31   #5

Thanks for that Bob, the Alan Crawshaw I mentioned would have been at Accy grammar school well before the 60s, possibly in the late 40s or early 50s.
Old 14-10-2022, 10:33   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Thanks for that Bob, the Alan Crawshaw I mentioned would have been at Accy grammar school well before the 60s, possibly in the late 40s or early 50s.
I have no list of members starting before 1945, Taddy.. Accrington library has some schol magazines from the 1930s and 40s. and a complete run from 1950 to 1975 (?) Your pal may be mentioned in them. The earliest magazines were called The Acorn', theose from 1950 were The Acringtonian.
Old 14-10-2022, 15:36   #7

Thanks for that Bob.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..