Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2014, 12:38   #1

Donovan's

Hi
not sure if any one can help. my great grandmother Norah Donovan and her family from Limerick Ireland lived in the Accrington area. She was born in 1884 and died in Birkenhead in 1937. They are very elusive family and I cannot track down any of her family, according to my grandmother and Norah's daughter Mary Burns born 1916 died 2004 she freuquently travelled to Accrington to see her family. I wonder are there any Donovan's still in the area.

Thanks,
William Dawson, Canada
wirralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2014, 19:56   #2

Re: Donovan's

I have a Mary Burns in my tree (grandad Teddy's sister) but older than your Mary,-born 1879. That side was from Ireland, but reputedly from Cork so probably a dead end WM.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 22:58   #3
Senior Member+

Hi William, did you get my private message?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 01:28   #4
Senior Member+

Is it possible your Norah spent some time in America/Canada William?
Old 22-01-2014, 16:16   #5
Senior Member+

Hello William, please follow up your thread with a little more info, I did some research on your Donovans but not sure what is relevant.
Old 17-09-2019, 11:42   #6

hi
very sorry for not replying earlier. No Norah didnt go to North America.

Thanks,

Bill
wirralman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..