Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2010, 19:26   #1

Cool Family history wanted..

Hello. Just trying to peice together some of my family tree from this end so to speak...My father was from Accrington and lived in Richmond Road,The family name is Dilworth. My Dads sister Iris married a Jack Horabin, who had a sign writting business in Warner Street. He reportedly played cricket for Accrington. One of dads other sisters was Phylis, and she married a guy with a motor business in Accrington and they lived in Simmonstone. Dad had a Brother Bill who was a welder by trade and worked in Barrow in Furness..Dad was born on 20th of June 1912 Any help as to ( did you know them) or any information would help...Thank's in anticipation ......Tony
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2010, 21:36   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Family history wanted..

The Local Studies Library is in disarray due to building work. However, the staff will find you some Blackburn directories to look at. Thus you will find what number in Richmond Road and more on the Warner St business -check on the name given. An internet check on the census will reveal who was where in 1911. Post separately under Sport to ask if someone will check about the Accrington cricketer. Simonstone addresses are to be found in Barrett's Burnley directory. Votimng lists for past years are also in the library. The best days to go are Monday & Tuesday, when a full-time librarian is working.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 11:18   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1002 View Post
Hello. Just trying to peice together some of my family tree from this end so to speak...My father was from Accrington and lived in Richmond Road,The family name is Dilworth. My Dads sister Iris married a Jack Horabin, who had a sign writting business in Warner Street. He reportedly played cricket for Accrington. One of dads other sisters was Phylis, and she married a guy with a motor business in Accrington and they lived in Simmonstone. Dad had a Brother Bill who was a welder by trade and worked in Barrow in Furness..Dad was born on 20th of June 1912 Any help as to ( did you know them) or any information would help...Thank's in anticipation ......Tony
I know there is a chap lives in Accy Called Steve Dilworth, played pool with him years ago, but don't know where he lives these days, the last time I saw him was about 3 years ago in Ossy Con at a pool match
Old 15-03-2010, 12:12   #4

Hi Jaysay, and Bob Dobson, for your quick reply's to my post....I will have a look at the library opption, and this could be heading down the right track..The Steve Dilworth fellow might be the one with a van with hie name on... Building work I think he does.
I will keep you updated if anything comes to light........Tony
Old 15-03-2010, 17:29   #5
Senior Member+

I think that Dilworth is an area somewhere near Longridge. The name was used as a forename by Quakers a century ago.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 20:55   #6

Yes, the area is near Chipping, Longridge..My old gran used to say most of your ancesters are in the cemetary in chipping.........Tony
Old 17-03-2010, 01:45   #7
Senior Member+

Your gran is quite right Tony. Your gt. grandad Richard was born in Chipping in 1858, he married Emily Growden in Garstang 1885. His dad William Dilworth married Elizabeth Parkinson at St Bartholemews Chipping in 1852. E-mail me again please. Bryan.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..