Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2012, 13:12   #1
Junior Member+

Family of Kathleen E Atkinson / M Heap

A very pleasant gentleman has recently written to me about a property on Bradford Street that we rent and in reference to a book he has found in his mothers belongings, unfortunately the trail has run cold at this address.

His letter and request are self explanatory below, its strikes me as a lovely thing he is trying to do and if anyone can help I’m sure he will be exceptionally grateful.

CAN YOU HELP?

I am trying to trace the family of Kathleen E Atkinson who studied at Sheffield Teacher Training College in 1926 with my mother Alice Unwin (nee Kenyon), and Freda Marshal.
Amongst my mother's belongings I have found a book which rightly belongs to Kathleen Atkinson which she compiled whilst on teacher training (it is a beautiful handwritten book, and there is also a fine needlework sampler)

The only contact I have found is the name M Heap, 45 Bradford St., Accrington which is written inside the cover of the book.

I am hoping that someone in the area may recognise either of the names and get in touch.
My email address is foxdown @talktalk.net

Thank you very much.

John Unwin
Eafield is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2012, 14:09   #2

Re: Family of Kathleen E Atkinson / M Heap

Mary Heap was the headmistress of Peel Park Infant School in the late 1940s. She is no longer alive unfortunately. She never married, and I am not aware of any relatives.
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 16:46   #3
Senior Member+

I cannot find Alice Heap in my 1951 directory.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 17:50   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I cannot find Alice Heap in my 1951 directory.
Thats strange seeing as they are refering to a Mary Heap.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 20:11   #5
Senior Member+

I'm holding my hand up. Mary it is. She's not in the book either

Retlaw's sentence should read: That's strange, seeing as they are referring to a Mary Heap.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 22:33   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I'm holding my hand up. Mary it is. She's not in the book either

Retlaw's sentence should read: That's strange, seeing as they are referring to a Mary Heap.
We've had all this before about them dammed twiddly bits, if that knows wree they shud be then do it, ears sum muer """":::;;;;''''!!!~~~~ Tha ony showin off cuz tha went tut grammur skoo.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:23   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbus View Post
Mary Heap was the headmistress of Peel Park Infant School in the late 1940s. She is no longer alive unfortunately. She never married, and I am not aware of any relatives.
Ah yes, 'Miss Heap' ... lovely, kind lady. I never knew her christian name though. Thanks for the memory, Balbus.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..