Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2013, 19:18   #1
Junior Member+

Wink family tree

Looking for family history details around the Church Kirk area , circa 1940 onwards. William Webster " Bill"....had a brother called Arnold and sister Brenda.......he was in the army and died at Chester military hospital circa 1954 / 5 ?......Arnold was married to Edie, and Brenda stayed with her mother , looking after her until her mothers death. what happened to Brenda ? Bill married Lily Broadley circa 1937 and moved to the Blackburn area circa 1943. Think there was some connection with the Kirkby ? family, local undertakers in Church ?
webstekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2013, 20:18   #2

Re: family tree

Bill married Lily Broadley in 1932 – possible death of Edith 1995 Burnley and Pendle
Possible Children from that marriage:
Derek 1932
William 1934
Cannot locate records for William’s death c1954

Arnold was married in 1944 to Edith Rowe
Possible children from that marriage:
Alan Webster 1944
accybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 18:22   #3

Kirby the udertakers had a place in Alitroyds in Church, they then joined with hughes and became Kirby and Hughes. I am not sure when and who had what but there was one of their places at 355 Blackburn Road and also a place over the rd (Blackburn Road) between the minners and Hynburn Inn.
I think "Kirby" I only know of him by that name died in the late eighties whilst having a routine back opperation. his wife was still alive and I hink they had children so might be able to track the Kirby family down for information.
accypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 22:02   #4
Senior Member+

In 1951......S Kirby, undertaker lived 23 Market St, Church.
A&R Kirby, funeral directors & taxi proprietors were at 18a Market St. Next door at 20 was W Webster, motor driver.
Alfred Webster , of Hepworth & Webster, booksellers & stationers, operated out of Aspendale Works, Bridge St. He lived at 276 Whalley rd, Acc Tel 2409
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..