Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By anzac

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2013, 01:38   #1

Frank Lovell

Him indoors was reminiscing about the old days, and one of his travelling mates through the Lake District all those years ago was Frank Lovell from Rishton, who was also a workmate. Frank was a member of the YHA at the time. Lost touch many years ago - any information from Web members would be appreciated.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2013, 21:06   #2

Re: Frank Lovell

Hi
Would you know Franks age.
Acstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 21:43   #3
Senior Member+

I have a database of what should be most people in the UK from directory enquiries and electoral register, although it`s quite outdated now, if you have any more info to narrow down the search, last known area he lived or wife/partners name please post it. The last known area he lived will certainly make the search a lot quicker.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 22:16   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Used to know a Dianne Lovell, way back when i was a kid, Don't help much, but possibly a relative? Reckon she would be in 60s now.
Old 23-03-2013, 22:32   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I have a database of what should be most people in the UK from directory enquiries and electoral register, although it`s quite outdated now, if you have any more info to narrow down the search, last known area he lived or wife/partners name please post it. The last known area he lived will certainly make the search a lot quicker.
Alternatively, there are places online with an up to date database, but they`ll charge you.
I`ve used a place called intelligent tracing before, did what I wanted.
Intelligent Tracing | Home | Free UK People & Postcode Search
Old 23-03-2013, 23:46   #6

To all of you, many thanks for your interest re my query. Frank's age would be about 82 or 83 now (he was about 5 years or so older than this old bloke here). He was born and raised in Rishton but we have no idea of any possible address after that. His girlfriend at the time was called Millie - no idea of surname so not much to go on there, and no idea of whether she became his life partner. Both Frank and Keith (him indoors) worked at Harold Britcliffe's, Joiner and Funeral Director of Oswaldtwistle at the time - Frank was a journeyman, Keith an apprentice.
No worries if no-one knows of him though we do appreciate your efforts in this regard, just a bit of nostalgia creeping in - definite signs of old, old age.....
Old 24-03-2013, 00:08   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
To all of you, many thanks for your interest re my query. Frank's age would be about 82 or 83 now (he was about 5 years or so older than this old bloke here). He was born and raised in Rishton but we have no idea of any possible address after that. His girlfriend at the time was called Millie - no idea of surname so not much to go on there, and no idea of whether she became his life partner. Both Frank and Keith (him indoors) worked at Harold Britcliffe's, Joiner and Funeral Director of Oswaldtwistle at the time - Frank was a journeyman, Keith an apprentice.
No worries if no-one knows of him though we do appreciate your efforts in this regard, just a bit of nostalgia creeping in - definite signs of old, old age.....
Hi Dottie, haven`t used the databasei have for a while and takes a bit of setting up, done what I can for tonight and will do a search locally tomorrow.
If I get a result, I`ll send it to you via pm, might give you somewhere to start but like I said previously it is a bit out of date (2004 i believe).
Old 24-03-2013, 07:51   #8

I work at the local College with a Clive Lovell who teaches in the Carpentry and Joinery Department. His father was a Frank Lovell who was born in 1932 and who passed away in 2001.

I will ask Clive tomorrow if his father worked at Britcliffes and let you know.
cashman and Bob Dobson like this.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 10:22   #9

That fits in with what I found, Frank Lovell born 16 March 1932 and died Feb 2001 aged 69.
Acstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 17:01   #10

Thank you for finding this out for us, although not as happy as ending as we would have hoped. This sounds like the same man, dates gel, etc., and the fact that Clive Lovell teaches Carpentry and Joinery would fit in well with him following in his father's footsteps as far as that trade goes. We do appreciate the help from you all. Many thanks.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..