Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2011, 09:44   #16
Full Member+

Re: Greenhalgh Family

Don't know if this is any help but my husband is a Greenhalgh .he has done a little bit of family tree and found that his great grandad was station master at Church railway station, with 13 children .Any help ? His late father and uncle were Fred and Lewis Greenhalgh who were plumbers,Fred was the president to the plumbers federation until his untimely eraly death in 1960 at the age of 40yrs.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2011, 16:55   #17
Junior Member+

Thank you. Unfortunately, the Kent birthplace of John Rathbone shown on Roots Web is incorrect. I have his 1818 baptism record showing his birth at Rhuddlyn, Flintshire, Wales (I email the owner of this information to contact me.) And I have noted the other names you provided. Thank you.
rannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 17:04   #18
Junior Member+

Hello again,

I checked the Internet for a Trevor Dorrian, and I found one who lives in Preston--the age matches the birthdate you provided. There is not any additional information. Can anyone find an address in the local records, e.g. phone book. Any help is appreciated.

Frank Pafume
[email protected]
Old 01-08-2011, 17:06   #19
Junior Member+

Hi,

I have never found any Greenhalgh's of this given name in my line. But you never know. Thank you.
Old 01-08-2011, 20:24   #20
Senior Member+

rannie, there's no Trevor Dorrian in the current Preston phone book.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 23:46   #21

The Kent birthplace was a mistake one of the Census Forms, it actually mis-spelt Rhuddlan and put Kent as the County.
It shows the correct birthplace on all others.

I have a full record of the Rathbones from Census.
accybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 12:47   #22

Post Re: Greenhalgh Family

I have an Adelaide Greenhalgh born @ 1831, daughter of Lewis and Mary Greenhalgh. Do you have any info?

Adelaide is my Great Great Great Grandmother
Figjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 20:58   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow View Post
I seem to remember that the shop on the corner of Richmond Hill St and Carter St was owned by people called Greenhalgh. Mom did a lot of shopping there.
Today I met a daughter of the family who kept this shop. Her parents had come to Acc from Tottington, and were followed by other members of the family who owned various shops, grocery and bakers mostly. On another thread this shop was remembered with much affection.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 18:35   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Ive had another look at this great photo. The building on the right is the Baptist chapel which had a school in its early days, which is why Infant St is so called. On the left (1951) the shops are No 1) Whitewell Dairies cafe 3) Leaver, waterproof garments 5)Sudio Moderne, photographers 7) FW Greenhalgh, house furnisher 9) A Bury, boot repairer 9a) Miss Briggs, ladies hairdresser

The building on the left behind the lads was a covered market, probably privately owned and in competition with the Corporation's market hall across the road, but open 6 days a week. It was of wooden construction and painted green I think.
Only just seen this thread Bob.
Will Greenhalgh owned the shop by the ginnel as you said, I believe he originally ran it as a pawnbroker.
Will 's wife was Harriet, my mother's aunt, maiden name was possibly Pilkington but not sure of that.and when he retired his daughters Clemmie Riley (Clementine?), and Ada King ran the business, which was
In the early '50s, they sold floor coverings, carpets, rugs, lino etc. I used to deliver rolls of carpet, lino etc after school. I don't remember any furniture except maybe occasional tables, that sort of thing.
In the later '50s, Ada's husband Bill King worked there with Ada after Clemmie retired. As far as I can remember they sold the property in the '60s

Tags
clayton, greenhalgh, rathbone

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..