Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2008, 13:50   #16
Full Member+

Re: Hanna Street School

David died back in the 70's if I remember my dates correctly.
Here is a nostalgic photo taken around 1995.
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2008, 11:58   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
David died back in the 70's if I remember my dates correctly.
Here is a nostalgic photo taken around 1995.
I remember David (sad to lose somebody so young)and was Christine his twin. I was in the same year as David at Spring Hill
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 13:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
I remember David (sad to lose somebody so young)and was Christine his twin. I was in the same year as David at Spring Hill
Then you must have been in the asmae year as me
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 14:05   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Then you must have been in the asmae year as me
I didn't go to Hannah Street but went to Spring Hill Infants

If you went to the Juniors which classes were you in
Old 27-09-2008, 14:50   #20

I was only at Spring Hill juniors for the first 2 years before we moved to Ossy

Miss Poole and Mrs Birtwistles classes
Old 27-09-2008, 14:53   #21

same classes as me then I moved to Mr Anson and Mr Warburtons classes

who do you remember from your class
Old 27-09-2008, 15:04   #22

That is a difficult question because as I said I moved schools and to be honest I wasn't very happy there.

I remember a boy called Graham who lived on Richmond Hill Street near me but he was in the year below.

A boy called Leslie ?, a girl called Katherine ?, an asian girl from behind Crown St called Nasara? not sure I have that name right. Thin there was a family called pope who lived near us and went to Spring Hill

If I think of anyone else I will post
Old 27-09-2008, 15:15   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
That is a difficult question because as I said I moved schools and to be honest I wasn't very happy there.

I remember a boy called Graham who lived on Richmond Hill Street near me but he was in the year below.

A boy called Leslie ?, a girl called Katherine ?, an asian girl from behind Crown St called Nasara? not sure I have that name right. Thin there was a family called pope who lived near us and went to Spring Hill

If I think of anyone else I will post
could be Leslie Wilkinson' he lived at the bottom of Exchange Street, I think there was a Katherine Woods, don't remember the Popes

Other ones from my class Jack Wilson, Stuart Smith, Susan Eland Geoff Cheeseman Lynn Donovan any of those ring bells?
Old 27-09-2008, 15:21   #24
Resident Waffler

In answer to Morecambe Ex-Pat's question, no it isn't a school any more. It was the reception classes for Springhill School until a few years ago but then a new Springhill School was built in Exchange Street on the opposite side of the road to the old one on what had been 'spare land'. The new school incorporates the Juniors, Infants and Reception. The old Junior School has been demolished. The Infants still stands and is a community centre. Hannah Street still stands but I haven't really noticed what it is. I shall walk past it shortly then report back and tell you.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 15:39   #25
Full Member+

Thanks Willow, I took my wife to see my old Junior school last year on a bit of a nostalgia trip, I was surprised to find someone had stolen it. I know the area has always been dodgy but that was too much. At least the house where I was born is still there but I must get some photos of it before someone steals that as well.

Polly
Do you remember
Heather Bardsley (I fancied her like mad), Ann Smithies, Andrew Aspin (Brainy guy went on to be a doctor), Andrea Thorpe, Gary Lushman (My team for rounders please), Bashir ???? (He may have on ly been there for the last year), David Dowling, Elaine Humphries, Steven Carter (Creepy crawlies and wild life expert who was an expert paper aeroplane maker),
Old 27-09-2008, 15:46   #26
Resident Waffler

If that old house is anywhere in the project Phoenix area the council will nick it before long.

The old Springhill school was getting quite delapidated and a burden to heat and maintain. In comparison the new building is fantastic. I'm a governor there and must admit we had a few tears the day the old building was closed down. We had a brilliant farewell party for it though.

Old 27-09-2008, 16:06   #27

Elain Humpherys live on Brown St not far from me. I think Andrea Thorpe live somewhere near Kingsotne avenue or was she one of the Thorpes who lived on Richmond St? and David Dowling was either in my form at Rhyddings on in the form below?

I have also just remembered Christine Pickup who lived at Spring hill was it Conistone something or other, she was another one I cam across again at Rhydding
Old 27-09-2008, 16:09   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
could be Leslie Wilkinson' he lived at the bottom of Exchange Street, I think there was a Katherine Woods, don't remember the Popes

Other ones from my class Jack Wilson, Stuart Smith, Susan Eland Geoff Cheeseman Lynn Donovan any of those ring bells?
I think Leslie Wilkinson was at Rhyddings

I remember Susan Elland - whatever happened to her?
Old 27-09-2008, 16:50   #29
Resident Waffler

Just got back from walking down there and it's now Scaitcliffe Community Centre. If my bluetooth will ever co-operate I'll upload a photo.

Old 27-09-2008, 17:03   #30
Full Member+

Is the Phoenix project only round Blackburn Road or does it include the Ormerod Street area?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..