Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2012, 10:34   #106

Re: Hanna Street School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acky252 View Post
Hi Michael Wood ( no s) here thanks for remembering me, trying to remember you but having trouble (old age) I remember alot of the names said in the posts. I lived at 11 Holding st & somebody has nicked that the last time I looked, take care all. ps the girl in Belthorn was called Linda Perry who was born on the same day as me.
I was the one with the NHS glasses and often had to wear a patch on the right lense!! Im still in touch with Linda although I still cant get her birthday right
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2012, 21:00   #107
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I was the one with the NHS glasses and often had to wear a patch on the right lense!! Im still in touch with Linda although I still cant get her birthday right
Hi Polly remember you now, hope you well, Linda's birthday 20th April, say hi for me to her. what you up to these days?
Acky252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 17:15   #108

Quote:
Hi Polly remember you now, hope you well, Linda's birthday 20th April, say hi for me to her. what you up to these days?
Thanks, it is wonderful to be remembered for having NHS glasses and an eye patch.
Im living in Wilpshire, married 30+ years, two grown up sons, both of whom are far clever than I ever was. I traned as a teacher when I was nearly 30 years old and now do a lot of private tuition and some audit work which gets me out and about around the country.

Linda I wont divuldge what she is up to without her permission but she keeps busy and will always stay 5 days older than me!

How about you?
Old 23-01-2012, 18:22   #109
Junior Member+

Re: Hanna Street School,Polly

Hi Polly, I've been married twice, got 2 grown up lads from the first & a 15 daughter from the second. Did 22 years in the RAF then started on 100 sqn at RAF Leeming working on Hawk aircraft for the RAF but as a civvy. Sorry to remember you because of the glasses & eye patch, keep safe, Mike.
Old 28-01-2012, 12:12   #110

Quote:
Hi Polly, I've been married twice, got 2 grown up lads from the first & a 15 daughter from the second. Did 22 years in the RAF then started on 100 sqn at RAF Leeming working on Hawk aircraft for the RAF but as a civvy. Sorry to remember you because of the glasses & eye patch, keep safe, Mike.
Sorry for late reply, its been a busy week. Linda told me to ask if you still have your motorbike? Apparently she remembers you as driving like Evil Kanival up to the wilds of Belthorn !
Old 29-01-2012, 14:50   #111
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Sorry for late reply, its been a busy week. Linda told me to ask if you still have your motorbike? Apparently she remembers you as driving like Evil Kanival up to the wilds of Belthorn !
Hi, went without a motorbike for 30 years then got one last year, scare myself silly on it but good fun (Kawasaki GPZ900R) That was a good night out with Linda on the bike, messed her hair up a bit though, Mike
Old 20-04-2012, 18:00   #112
Junior Member+

Hi, wish Linda a happy birthday from me please and I hope that you have a great birthday in 5 days time. Mike
Old 21-04-2012, 16:44   #113

Quote:
Hi, wish Linda a happy birthday from me please and I hope that you have a great birthday in 5 days time. Mike
Thanks
I will and I will remind her (again) that Im younger than her!!
Old 21-04-2012, 19:58   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
I knew all the Sharps when they lived on Hope St.I lived round the corner on Ormerod St.
I'm sure that the Sharps lived on Richmond Hill street facing the top of Rose Street. I lived on Hope Street No 44 at Major Street end
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 11:24   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskitty View Post
My family are the Duggans and Grigg's on some of the roads you talk about
I am one of the Griggs family I lived at No 44
Old 30-07-2015, 11:47   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I am one of the Griggs family I lived at No 44
44 Hope Street on the corner of Major Street
Old 13-11-2015, 18:47   #117

Hi, i'm a new member. My mum and her sister went to Hanna Street in the 40s, they were Marie and Jean Williams, they have a brother John but not sure if he went there as well. I went very briefly about 1965.
Samantha1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:44   #118
Junior Member+

We used to call Him Diddy Dowling at Springhill School and a good little scrapper he was :-**
Lushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 21:37   #119

Newsagent was run by Alan Dean and his wife. I was one of his paper boys. My Grandma ran the ironmongers at 37 Ormerod Street, next door to the newsagents.
Mike Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..