Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53   #1
Junior Member+

Help needed

I need a big, big ,big favour from somebody.

Living in France it is impossible to research the electoral roll.

I need the names and address of everyone in Thorneyholme road from the rolls 1965,1966,1966,1967,1968.

My name is Stephen Moon, i left Accy in 85 and have ended up living deep in France.

I know its a big ask but just hoping.

Trying find an old friend but cannot remember surname.

Many Thanks

Accysam aka Steve
accysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07   #2

Re: Help needed

Will the library not help ?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44   #3
God Member

what about census? I thought they were "onlining" it
( I know its only every 10 years but it may strike lucky on the 61 or 71 survey.)

Alternatively, post what bits you remember and see if anyone else recognises them and can get you more details.

e.g.

lad called Robert, nickname was shorty, had an older sister, used to ride a blue BMX

etc

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:00   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
what about census? I thought they were "onlining" it
( I know its only every 10 years but it may strike lucky on the 61 or 71 survey.)
I think I'm right but aren't census details only released after 100 years? The latest census to become available online is 1911.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 16:25   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I think I'm right but aren't census details only released after 100 years? The latest census to become available online is 1911.
You're right, the 1911 census has recently become available online.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 19:19   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accysam View Post
I need a big, big ,big favour from somebody.

Living in France it is impossible to research the electoral roll.

I need the names and address of everyone in Thorneyholme road from the rolls 1965,1966,1966,1967,1968.

My name is Stephen Moon, i left Accy in 85 and have ended up living deep in France.

I know its a big ask but just hoping.

Trying find an old friend but cannot remember surname.

Many Thanks

Accysam aka Steve
Try this
Its the email address of Accrington Community History, Accy Library.
[email protected]

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 20:33   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what was the christian name sam? i knew n mated wi a few from Thorneyholme in the years yeh mentioned? also Beechy was up that way then he may know. P.S. yer no relation to a "Deena Moon" are yeh?
Old 03-03-2011, 21:23   #8
Junior Member+

Its a girl I am looking for but can,t remember her name only know that dad was a copper she would have been about 16 in 1965
I am Deena s cousin, my mum was Alice and my Dad Lol
Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 22:49   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Its a girl I am looking for but can,t remember her name only know that dad was a copper she would have been about 16 in 1965
I am Deena s cousin, my mum was Alice and my Dad Lol
Thanks
Well back in 63 i was a apprentice butcher at slingers Load Of Mischief, n yer cousin Deena worked in the office in those days, bit of a "Looker" no question. if i run into any of the owd Thorneyholme roaders i will ask about the coppers daughter,
Old 03-03-2011, 23:50   #10
Resting in Peace

If you are still struggling in a few days, Accysam, I will go and take a look for you. Know what it is like when a name escapes you ... drives you bananas.

I was brought up on William Street, and had quite a few friends on Thorneyholme Road. For instance, went to school with a girl from this road whose father was a policeman, however, would be approx. 6 years older than the lady you seek. Can only remember her first name .. Jill ...dang, dang .. knew her really well too.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:05   #11
Junior Member+

Many thanks for the offer. I think there was a few police houses up there, used to have the helmet in the side window, they wouldn't do it now!!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:06   #12
Junior Member+

Yes she was a looker you are right, did jack gee work at slinger, he is related too??
Old 04-03-2011, 08:14   #13
Beacon of light

Quote:
Yes she was a looker you are right, did jack gee work at slinger, he is related too??

I know that you were asking Cashy about Jack Gee....but I am going to answer part of the question.......Yes, Jack Gee did work at Slingers......how do I know, well, I worked at the Slingers Peel St shop and Jack would sometimes do deliveries to us........can't remember Cashy doing deliveries though.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

cashy didn't do deliveries,had a brew wi jack in town a couple of weeks ago, he had been in hospital,around xmas, aint doin great, hope hes soon on the mend, good bloke.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
If you are still struggling in a few days, Accysam, I will go and take a look for you. Know what it is like when a name escapes you ... drives you bananas.

I was brought up on William Street, and had quite a few friends on Thorneyholme Road. For instance, went to school with a girl from this road whose father was a policeman, however, would be approx. 6 years older than the lady you seek. Can only remember her first name .. Jill ...dang, dang .. knew her really well too.
Wasn't there quite a few police houses on Thorneyholme Rd at that time.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..