Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2013, 21:04   #31

Re: Higher Antley street 73/78

I left hollins in 1977, peter was in the first year at that time,he was a ginger with freckles but havent seen him since 78 when my family moved to Denmark.He probably doesent remember me now but thanks for the notification. regards shaz...
Shaz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2014, 21:00   #32
Junior Member+

Hi Shaz, used to deliver papers to Higher Antley St and around that area from 73 to 76 ish from the paper shop on Ormrond St. My cousin lived on that St about then and I left Hollins in 77, probably know you.
Acky252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 11:29   #33

Hi Acky 252,I think ste beardsworth owened the papershop across from the bookies on ormerod st aroujnd that time.Yes we probably do know each other,I always wore a Rovers scarf,and a red rose on my school blazer.Mention some names you remember next time you write and your own,nice to hear from you regards shaz...
Old 20-02-2014, 18:41   #34
Junior Member+

Hi Shaz, sorry got years wrong, I left in 76 ( getting old) real name Michael Wood. When I did the paper round the shop owner was Rodney Ulm, I think thats how you spell his name. Gary Lushman did the papers with me & two girls who lived at the Ormrod St end of Richmondhill St the eldest was called Janette. Take care mate.
Acky252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 10:18   #35

Hi Michael,seem to remember you comming up our end with the papers but cant remember the girls.We used to meet by bycold which was a place you chould buy frozen food with the lads until tea time.regards shaz...
Old 08-08-2017, 15:34   #36

Hi Everyone,

I use to live on Ranger street, went to Hollins School between 73-77 and then moved to Aylesbury to finish my schooling. Use to deliver milk with Alan Pilkington for pocket money and also did the market stalls for Kali. Would love to get in touch with anyone from that era. Made contact with david Glasgow last xmas through facebook.

I now live in Geneva.

Best wishes to every one.

Shab
Shab62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 15:36   #37

so you remember everyone do you Shaz!
Shab62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 06:51   #38

Quite a few names buzz around from time to time.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:51   #39
Junior Member+

I used to Live on Higher Antley Street but towards Willows lane end, Name is Gary Lushman if anyone remembers me I was paperboy from 73 -76 then joined army in 77
Lushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:01   #40
Junior Member+

Hey Michael you old dog Gary Lushman here how the heck are you?
Lushy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..