Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2014, 11:30   #1
Senior Member+

HINDLE family

A 'cousin' of mine has set up a Facebook page relating to his family and wants to trace any descendants of his HINDLE family. Their main family home was in Water Street -they knocked two houses into one so as to accommodate all the kids. He is descended from Enos, born 1834, died 1887. Other family names were Lucinda, Alfred, Arthur, Mary Jane,, Martha, George, Walter, Joseph, Fred, mostly born 1870s-80s. My mother, Janet (1917-46) was a HINDLE. She had a sister, Bertha (1915-85) Any relatives out there?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2014, 19:21   #2
spw

Re: HINDLE family

I have Hindles in my family. I will PM details.
spw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 20:19   #3
Senior Member+

Have received it and replied. spw has an 'Obedience' in his tree - WOW. If anything, my grandad was a 'Disobedience' There are a lot of Hindles in and around Acc. I have herd it said that we all originate from Hindle Fold in Gt Harwood. I doubt it.
Old 07-02-2015, 21:19   #4

Bob. The was a good friend of mine who ran Oswaldtwistle Rover junior football club. We went to Sweden with a team. Fred Hindle had a firm called Only way products in Church. His wife Jean died and he married again. Fred is deceased but his wife lives in Scotland. I have her address if you want it. Frank
Frank Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:36   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Sanderson View Post
Bob. The was a good friend of mine who ran Oswaldtwistle Rover junior football club. We went to Sweden with a team. Fred Hindle had a firm called Only way products in Church. His wife Jean died and he married again. Fred is deceased but his wife lives in Scotland. I have her address if you want it. Frank
This is a different Fred Hindle. My chap's wife was Mattie/ They had no kids.
Old 09-02-2015, 13:50   #6
Full Member+

Facebook is probably the worst medium for archiving you could use.
Several of the branches of our genealogy research have such sites and finding any information is almost impossible.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 20:46   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Facebook is probably the worst medium for archiving you could use.
Several of the branches of our genealogy research have such sites and finding any information is almost impossible.

I agree. However, it is a great place for making contacts.

Have a gander at the website of Lancashire Family History Society. On the home page is a turquoise block which allows you to ask if any society members are interested in your names
Old 10-02-2015, 06:11   #8
Full Member+

Facebook is great for contacting random people with random interests but targeted contacts are almost impossible unless you dedicate a lot of time to trawling through mindless drivel.
I had a look at the Lancashire Family History Society but didn't delve too deep as it is my wife who is doing the research, I am just the librarian and web designer etc.

Instead of the search box, I would suggest you include a list of all the names that your members are researching as that would help people find your site when they do a search in a search engine. It would also do no harm to the search engine rankings because that is all the Search Engine Optimization cowboys would do to boost the rankings and charge many sheckles for the service.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 22:47   #9
Senior Member+

Bob, how do you know two houses were knocked into one in Water? I have never heard this before?
I thought the two families just "lived next door to one another".?
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 08:45   #10
Senior Member+

I first heard it from my Hindles in New England. No way of verifying it.
Old 26-10-2017, 19:01   #11
Junior Member+

Just to say I worked at only way products at the time of Jean and Fred. X Dr
Coralqueen555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 19:42   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralqueen555 View Post
Just to say I worked at only way products at the time of Jean and Fred. X Dr

I've sent you a private message Coralqueen

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..