Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2007, 20:07   #136

Re: holy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Do you remember Miss. Harrison?
I do remember her she was a really nice teacher haven't seen her or heard of her in years. Mrs Mackey was really sweet remember going to her to have teeth pulled (imagine a teacher doing that now).

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2007, 23:00   #137

I was there mid 60s left about 64, the arty art teacher was ... well i wont use bad language. Mrs Griffin, anyone remember her? She was the deputy head mistress, the most sadistic woman i ever met. Mr Mayer the headmaster at the time tried his best, told me to reach for the stars etc... Miss Boyle the gym teacher used to scream "you bold creature", if we stepped out of line.Hated the school and most teachers ,but had some good times too. Remember the christmas parties with the teachers watching from the stage?
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 14:31   #138

Went to st oswalds 73 onwards and then paddock house 79-81 and then upto Holy family used to get caned off mulderrick all the time and of course took a few beatings off almond didn't do me any harm taught me a few lessons.
Sister went to holy family 68 onwards brother went(sometimes!) from 71 onwards other sister went from 75 onwards baby brother went from 1980 onwards.
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 14:38   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Went to st oswalds 73 onwards and then paddock house 79-81 and then upto Holy family used to get caned off mulderrick all the time and of course took a few beatings off almond didn't do me any harm taught me a few lessons.
Sister went to holy family 68 onwards brother went(sometimes!) from 71 onwards other sister went from 75 onwards baby brother went from 1980 onwards.
I went to Sacred Heart then Notre Dame for a couple of years then to Holy Family. I would have been there from about 70-73 or thereabouts.
Old 26-08-2007, 18:04   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post

I was there 68 - 72, what was yr sis called - I'm Mick McAvoy

Owd picknflick caned everyone didn't he....... but then again we probably deserved it.....lol
Old 29-08-2007, 20:22   #141
Junior Member+

hi i went to hollins left in 1995
scottlang1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 20:31   #142
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlang1980 View Post
hi i went to hollins left in 1995
This is Holy Family try this for Hollins
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...hlight=hollins

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 18:33   #143

Hey all you old timers from the best schoo' in accy

Theyre having an open evening on Tues 2nd Oct - open to everyone not just parents etc

Might just have a mosey up and have a look around the old place

(sure I left a penny arrow bar on top of one of the cupboards on the tech drawing room.... might still be there....lol)
Old 17-11-2007, 15:29   #144

I remember seeing it next to my MO-JO
Old 22-11-2007, 20:36   #145

Miss Baker was every schoolboys dream.........older woman, short skirts........tremendous. I also saw Miss Jessie Hall MBE last year.
harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 18:34   #146

Lots of good memories! I was there from 76-81 in Arrowsmith, madame Metcalf was my form teacher. I can't remember all the houses I remember Rigby and Clitheroe but what were the others? I had Mr Mulligan for english the first two years I was there. I had Mr sanderson for math- he was always telling us jokes very little math was taught. I was thrown out of mr Parfitts french class and told to go do art with Miss/Mrs Snape-she was a great Art teacher. Who was the other art teacher who was really serious about Art and would grade you really severly- I don't think Piccaso would get a grade higher than a D. Do any of you remember Mr obrien or obby general science teacher? And Mr Mc Keown was the biology teacher. I cant remember what the woodwork teacher was called or the physics teacher.
photonuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2007, 19:29   #147
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonuser View Post
I cant remember what the woodwork teacher was called or the physics teacher.
Mr Sanderson and Mr Bold if I remember correctly, both good teachers who helped me get my O levels in both subjects.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 24-11-2007, 20:59   #148

Mr Walling was the physics teacher, and Mr Bold taught me Chemistry.
Old 24-11-2007, 22:35   #149
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonuser View Post
Mr Walling was the physics teacher, and Mr Bold taught me Chemistry.
Mr Kendal was chemistry, Mr Bold physics, who was Mr Walling?

Old 24-11-2007, 23:39   #150

I guess it all depends on what years you went to school there.What years where you there Bagpuss?

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..