Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2006, 15:48   #121
Junior Member+

Smile Mr.Pickering

Just read about his death, deepest sympathy to his family, I liked him he was a good laugh compared with people like Mcaloon,

Mr. Robinson was the rubix cube genius, he solved it and used to sell the solution for 5p a copy, he migrated to Ausarlia,

Ne one remember Mcaloon saying " Boy u r a lemon, and lemons get squeezed so watch out" I suppose these days this could be considered a pickup line LOL
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2006, 18:44   #122

Re: holy family

Great fun reading through all those memories long time since I was at HF 64 to 68 some teachers not mentioned I remember. Mrs. Cornthwaite cookery, lost her false nails making dough. Mr Pardon geography also taught religion made Paula Oughton sit on a drawing pin because she could not answer a question, Mr Doherty tall hulk of a guy had a cane with split ends used to pull it back over his shoulder till it touched the floor then wack it forward I remember it well, being on the other end of it. Mrs. Lindhirst I think taught art a bit wacko used to wear capes and glasses on the end of her nose . Known singer from ossy Pat Catlow taught music. Mrs. Mac (something) was teacher for Year 1 (Severn) 1964. Anyone sat at the front of Mulderricks class cant forget his picking and flicking, your book was full of boggies when the lesson finished. Most people remember Terry Neville for his sport but he was the best Math teacher I ever had.

Classes called Thames (brainy lot), Severn, Humber and Ribble

Year 1 Severn 1964/65
girls Lynn Astin, Anne Billington, Julie Coffee, Janet Davis, Maureen Dugdale, Christine Entwistle, Margaret Holden, Trica Holmes, Anne Lovell(RIP), Jean Maguire, Shelia McGowan, Kathleen Moore, Paula Oughton, Margaret Patterson, Lynn Pilkington, Susan Saunders, Lynne Whalley, Kathleen Whittaker
boys Barnes, Batt, Cavalery (RIP),Crook, Croston, Farrington, Hayes, Kopel, Stanley, Staves, Wilkinson
sorry if i forget anyone but would love to hear from any of you.
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 23:12   #123

any of you went 76- 81 love to catch up . now live in L.A.
gem5665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:15   #124

sorry just missed you left in 75.
Old 13-01-2007, 19:27   #125

I also remember Mr Gidman English and Natural history ( top man )
Mrs Lindon art ( bohemian )

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 13:34   #126
God Member

did anyone leave in 1960? my mum and aunt went there
Old 10-02-2007, 09:40   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem5665 View Post
I was around then but im a little older left he year it merged with paddoc Just my luck
Old 10-02-2007, 17:52   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem5665 View Post
Looks like thee and me went to Holy Family at the same time. AND I used to live in Spring Hill. Hmmmm! I have no idea who you are and you probably have no idea who I am. The wonders of the internet.

So the question is now do you want to reveal yourself? Are you that brave? PM me if you think you can stand it.

Last edited by Shady McGough; 10-02-2007 at 17:55. Reason: wanted to add something
Shady McGough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 07:04   #129

anyone leave in 75?.
Old 13-05-2007, 18:27   #130

I was there from 1975 to 1980 and can still remember the register for my form, how sad is that!! Rigby, by the way and form tutor was Miss Foster
MAGS4SHORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 19:34   #131
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGS4SHORT View Post
I was there from 1975 to 1980 and can still remember the register for my form, how sad is that!! Rigby, by the way and form tutor was Miss Foster
I must be sad also, mine was Ward and Christine Ritson.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 05:25   #132

I was there from 76-81 Arrowsmith Madam Metcalf. The French one.
gem5665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 22:41   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman View Post
had a mrs mitton down at junior school but cant put a face to one at holy family?
Miss. Mitton was a teacher at Sacred Heart, she used to thump you in the back if you didn't grasp what she was trying to teach you.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 19:10   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Miss. Mitton was a teacher at Sacred Heart, she used to thump you in the back if you didn't grasp what she was trying to teach you.
She was even worst if you didn't drink your milk, God help us if we spilt any.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 21:38   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
She was even worst if you didn't drink your milk, God help us if we spilt any.
She once gave me and my sister a real smack on our legs for going on the fire escape, she was really strict. Do you remember Miss. Harrison? She was at the Christmas concert the other year, I am fifty and she was there when I was, that makes her ancient!!

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..