Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2014, 15:57   #1

John Bromilow

my name is Lars Jostein Bramley and i live in Bodø Norway. i am trying to find my heritage in Accrington.

John Bromilow was born in Precott about 1826, he was a Shoemaker by profession,he married Margaret Lynch at Manchester Cathedral in 1849John Died in 1860 Age 34 in Oswaldtwistle and is Burried atSt James Church Kirk, Church Lancashire

His Wife Margaret remarried in 1861 and had 3 more ChildrenShe Married James Aspin, in the Accrington

My grandfather Thomas Bramley was born in Accrington 1899 and died in 1989.
Have any one information aboat them
jossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2014, 19:51   #2
Senior Member+

Re: John Bromilow

On the 1871 census, William Henry Bramley appears living in Bramley St., which is still there. He owned an iron foundry and employed 3 men. It is likely that he was known to Mr Jonathan Peel, who owned the land that the factory and street were built on.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 19:59   #3
Senior Member+

There are 3 Bramleys in the Accrington phone book - see the British Telecom website. I was at St John's school in the 1940s with an Ann Bramley. I will try to find where she lived and if she is still alive. There are no Bramleys in the 1851 trade directory

I think it would be worthwhile joining, even for one year, the Lancashire Family History Society and attaching yourself to the Hyndburn branch. This will get you into the on-line forum - a brilliant group
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 10:17   #4

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1898
Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Mother's Maiden Name Reference
BRAMLEY Thomas Accrington Preston BECKINSON ACC/96/46

1901 Census 11 Edleston Street, Accrington, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Thomas Head Married M 43 1858 Labourer At Iron Works Prescot, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Eliza Wife Married F 41 1860 Cotton Weaver Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Agnes Daughter Single F 20 1881 Dress Maker Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Amelia Daughter Single F 17 1884 Cotton Weaver Feeble Minded Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Mary E Daughter F 14 1887 Cotton Weaver Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, John Son M 12 1889 Scholar Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Thomas Son M 2 1899 Accrington, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Maggie Daughter F 8 1893 Scholar Accrington, Lancashire
Piece: 3858 Folio: 161 Page: 49 Registration District: Haslingden Civil Parish: Accrington Municipal Borough: Address: 11, Edleston Street, Accrington County: Lancashire

1911 Census 56 Elizabeth Street, Accrington, Lancashire
BRAMLEY, Thomas Head Married M 53 1858 General Labourer Calico Printworks Prescott Lancs
BRAMLEY, Eliza Wife Married F 51 1860 Oswaldtwistle Lancs
BRAMLEY, John Son Single M 33 1878 General Labourer Tallow Renderers Oswaldtwistle Lancs
BRAMLEY, Maggie Daughter Single F 18 1893 Weaver Cotton Accrington Lancs
BRAMLEY, Thomas Son M 12 1899 School Accrington Lancs
Married 30 Years
RG number: RG14 Piece: 24767 Reference: RG14PN24767 RG78PN1420 RD471 SD4 ED19 SN165 Registration District: Haslingden Sub District: Accrington Enumeration District: 19 Parish: Accrington Address: 56 Elizabeth St Accrington County: Lancashire
Acstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 11:24   #5
Full Member+

Hi Lars,
I knew Uncle Tom and Auntie Edith - we must be distantly related...!!!
Auntie Edith was my Gt Gran's sister.
I remember my dad telling me that their son (Ron?) moved to Norway.

I haven't really got any info about the Bramley side but have done a bit of research on Edith (Carter's) side. I can let you a copy of the family tree I've made and there are some old photo's I can scan and send if you PM me your email address.

PS. My grandparents were Harry and Joan Leyland.

Steve
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 11:47   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Hi Lars,
I knew Uncle Tom and Auntie Edith - we must be distantly related...!!!
Auntie Edith was my Gt Gran's sister.
I remember my dad telling me that their son (Ron?) moved to Norway.

I haven't really got any info about the Bramley side but have done a bit of research on Edith (Carter's) side. I can let you a copy of the family tree I've made and there are some old photo's I can scan and send if you PM me your email address.

PS. My grandparents were Harry and Joan Leyland.

Steve
Tis amazing to me,how yeh find family ties through Accyweb. I did meself n mine aint in Norway He lives in Accy, Its a funny owd world.
Old 27-02-2014, 20:11   #7

Hi Steve
I'm Rons (Ronald) son. so yes we are related. I've only met my grandparents once. It was during their golden wedding in Accrington. I remember the kids in the house we stayed in while we were there, named Ann and Mark.
The world is not big, hope we can keep in touch.

Lars Jostein
jossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 22:11   #8
Full Member+

Hi Lars,

I've sent you a Private Message.

Steve
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bramley, bromilow, heritage

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..