Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2016, 11:41   #1
Senior Member+

John Jacques

I am trying to find John Jacques, 77yrs, an Accrington Grammar School Old Boy. The family lived in the Ramsbottom St area and his father owned Rowson's bespoke tailor's shop on Blackburn Rd. This may have later become the Observer office
I am always pleased to hear of lads who attended AGS as I am membership secretary o0fd the Old Boys Asso0ciation
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2016, 20:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: John Jacques

The tailor's shop was called Smith & Rawson. Possibly, John had a sister Barbara who may have married a Geoff Wolstenholme . The Jacques probably lived in Aitken St
Old 13-03-2016, 14:16   #3
Junior Member+

John Jacques was my cousin. He lived on Ramsbottom St with William his father, Dora his mother and his sister Barbara. William and his brother Bert worked in their father's bespoke tailors shop on Blackburn Rd. When their father died they sold the business to John Colliers Tailors. After this they moved to Downham, Clitheroe. Both John and his sister became teachers after going to Durham University. John married and lived in Northallerton and Barbara married in lives in Kirkham. John married Kate and after they divorced he married Sue. Barbara married Eric Wolstenholme - I was a bridesmaid. John sadly died 2 or 3 years ago in Corfu, to where they had retired. I always kept in touch with him and am still in touch with Barbara and Eric.
EMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 10:52   #4
Senior Member+

Thanks Margaret. Sorry to hear about John. I remember him from my days at Union St Sunday School .In 1950, I saw him wearing a blazer with the corporation coat of arms on the breast pocket. I thought it was Accrington Cricket Club's blazer, but it was the new Grammar School uniform. If Eric attended Accringto0n Grammar School, I would like to be out in touch with him. There were several Wolstenholmes on the register between 1945 and 1975, but no Erics. He may have started before 1945.
Old 22-03-2016, 08:14   #5
Junior Member+

Hello Bob. I am sure that if Eric went to Acc Grammar School it would be before 1945. I don't feel free to pass on his contact details but if you have an email address I would be pleased to pass it on to him.
EMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 08:23   #6
Senior Member+

I am [email protected] Ta.
Old 22-03-2016, 16:09   #7
Senior Member+

Fairly certain that John was in the 1st XV Rugby Team at the same time as I but think he was the year ahead of me.
Old 22-03-2016, 18:47   #8
Senior Member+

Check him out on the website, Barrie.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..