Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2016, 08:23   #1

Konrad Neumann

In 1957 him indoors worked with a man called Konrad Neumann building a new classroom block at Paddock House School. Originally from Poland, Konrad lived in Haslingden at the time. For something to do I have been looking up various records pertaining to some of the people who his nibs knew when he lived in Accrington and he is very saddened to find out that Konrad died in January 1958, which was less than 2 months after we left the UK in November 1957.

He was only 38 at the time and we were wondering if anyone could shed further light on what was the cause of his death, if he had had an accident for instance as he was a very fit man.

I know it's a long time ago now but maybe someone can tell us.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2016, 01:48   #2

Konrad Neumann

I have now found out that his wife was Selena (Neumann) born in 1923. Selena died in 1997, presumably still living in Haslingden area. Maybe someone on AccyWeb knew her (or of her) and knows what the cause of Konrad's death was (in either December 1957 or January 1958).

I can't find any record of children from their marriage.

Last edited by Mick; 08-02-2016 at 05:36.
Old 15-02-2016, 20:52   #3

Re: Konrad Neumann

Just to finalise this thread - we have now found out that Konrad did, in fact, have a fatal accident while on his motor bike on New Year's Eve, 1957. So very sad, but we thought it must have been an accident that ended his life so suddenly, and that was what it was.

I had contacted Haslingden Library to see if they had any archived newspapers that might contain a report as to how he had died, and I do thank Suzanne there for her help in this and Michael, a volunteer at the library, who searched the newspapers of that time for us and came up with the newspaper reports of Konrad's death. Their help is much appreciated - and where would we all be without volunteers!
Old 15-02-2016, 21:07   #4
Beacon of light

Re: Konrad Neumann

Dotti, so glad you were able to find out about your friend.
I suppose it IS sad, but at least now you know...you have closed that chapeter..
I am sure those volunteers felt happy to help you find what you needed to know...a job well done!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..