Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2012, 18:29   #1
Junior Member+

Thumbs up lost friends

hi acci web could anyone help me find old pals of mine dennis sleddon harry taylor trevor brennand and jefrey fishwick thanks
kpettifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2012, 18:40   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: lost friends

If yeh mean little Harry Taylor, who will be somewhere in his 60s now, i used to know him, but aint seen him fer donkeys years, someone did tell me he had moved to either Spain or Portugal?? that was around 10 yrs ago i was told that.
Old 30-10-2012, 22:22   #3

Is it Harry who lived on Canal Street, Church, he's back from Spain and now living in Oswaldtwistle, so I have been told, But where ?
Acstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 07:06   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acstan View Post
Is it Harry who lived on Canal Street, Church, he's back from Spain and now living in Oswaldtwistle, so I have been told, But where ?
yeh same guy he did live on Canal St, n before that he lived on either Lister St, Tremellen St, or Park Rd, that would be early 70s, cant remember which of em only went to his house once.
Old 31-10-2012, 18:54   #5

i think harry lives off new lane ossy, part way up higher than grove street, opposite side facing the fields and what was cocker chemicals its a terraced row for the life in me,
cant think of the name,
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 19:15   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloot View Post
i think harry lives off new lane ossy, part way up higher than grove street, opposite side facing the fields and what was cocker chemicals its a terraced row for the life in me,
cant think of the name,
Do you mean 'Margaret St'?

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Mar...d+Kingdom&z=16
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 20:23   #7

thats the one, couldnt remember , i think if its the same h, taylor i went to school at the same time,
Old 31-10-2012, 21:51   #8

Dose Jeffrey Fishwick have a brother Roy and did they live in church.
Acstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 23:27   #9
God Member

A family named Fishwick lived (and maybe still do) at Manor Gardens Church - I think he is Derek - in his 60s by now.

I last saw him driving a Millercare van delivering wheelchairs.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10   #10
Senior Member+

The H. Taylor who lives on Margaret St is Bert Taylor so I don,t think this is the one, He,s my wifes cousin. Unless there are two H. Taylors on Margaret St.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
A family named Fishwick lived (and maybe still do) at Manor Gardens Church - I think he is Derek - in his 60s by now.

I last saw him driving a Millercare van delivering wheelchairs.
He has moved now Margaret to a bungalow on Buckingham Grove was up yon last summer.
Old 01-11-2012, 13:42   #12

bert taylor, got half of it right, taylor, its setting in now memory is terrible, i went to school with bert,thats the taylor i know on margaret street, sorry wrong again,
Old 01-11-2012, 19:22   #13

Quote:
bert taylor, got half of it right, taylor, its setting in now memory is terrible, i went to school with bert,thats the taylor i know on margaret street, sorry wrong again,
I practically grew up with Bert, we livedon Lime Avenue and he lived in the first house on Cherry Crescent., next door to Billy Baron. Fond memories!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 14:17   #14

i remember billy living on the crescent, we lived down on roegreave road, next door to the rhoden, peter baron lived on lime ave, he went to rhyddings same time, i had an auntie that lived the end of grove street, i left ossy soon after leaving school. lived in colne area for 30 years,
Old 03-11-2012, 13:00   #15

Quote:
i remember billy living on the crescent, we lived down on roegreave road, next door to the rhoden, peter baron lived on lime ave, he went to rhyddings same time, i had an auntie that lived the end of grove street, i left ossy soon after leaving school. lived in colne area for 30 years,
I lived on the same block as Peter and between him and us , there was a family called Leadbitter.
When you say the end of Grove St. do you mean the New lane end or the beginning of Lime Avenue. I can remember the end house -Lime avenue end, because we used to play two balls against the wall, but I can't for the life in me remember the name of the Family. It might have been Geoffrey Lassie's house.
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..