Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2012, 14:46   #1

Lost Relatives

Trying to find information on a Herbert Brown and Robert William Haworth, both lived in Accrington.They both served in w.w.2, but I can't find a site that gives out service records for that period.Robert was born 1910, and I think Herbert around the same time.Robert married Eliza Irene Lee....Herbert married Alice Dodd......any ideas!!!!
steve50brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2012, 14:59   #2
I am Banned

Re: Lost Relatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve50brown View Post
Trying to find information on a Herbert Brown and Robert William Haworth, both lived in Accrington.They both served in w.w.2, but I can't find a site that gives out service records for that period.Robert was born 1910, and I think Herbert around the same time.Robert married Eliza Irene Lee....Herbert married Alice Dodd......any ideas!!!!
WW2 Records have not been digitised, there is no web site, they are likened similar to census records, they have 100 year block.
1000's of WW2 Soldiers are still alive, and wouldn't want all their military history, misdeeds, and what have you, spread all ove the internet. Only a proven direct relative will be allowed access to a mans records.
Fulwood Barracks will have the address where you need to write to.
Remember you will have to prove you are related to those men.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 16:47   #3

Found a Herbert Crompton Brown born 1909 in Accrington, and in 1939 a Herbert Brown married Alice Dodd @ Hynd Register Office. Only death for a Herbert C Brown in the GRO War Death Army and Other Ranks 1939 to 1948, is Armed Forces Death, Royal Artillery, Gunner, No 858657, Year 1942, Volume 13, Page 141. But not sure about C being Crompton, I think it might be Cyril ?
Robert William Haworth born 1910, living @ 33 Frederick Street, Accrington married Eliza Irene Lee @ Hynd Register Office in 1933. There is a R W Haworth who died 1964 aged 53 in Accrington and can't find a Eliza Haworth but a Lizzie Haworth who died 1956 aged 46 in Accrington.
Acstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 21:32   #4

Thanks for the info and research done.....I appreciate it.My info is that Eliza haworth was living around the Royd st area in the early 60's. How did you manage to find out the Fredrick st address.....that could be useful to persue further.
Old 16-06-2012, 22:48   #5

Robert born in 1910 is recorded in the 1911 Census with his parents Herbert Haworth and Annie O'Leary living at 33 Frederick Street, Accrington.
Acstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 23:03   #6

Thanks again Acstan.....that info is useful, cheers mate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..