Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2006, 07:29   #1

Question Mary Doreen Bannister (nee Pilkington, nee Malone)

I have just found out this person died in Nov 2003. (age 74) Can anyone please tell me how she died or where she died please?
Also if she is buried in Accy cemetry or not?
The Accy Observer & Lancs Eve Telegraph web sites are both coming back as blank when I run the obituaries checks.
She was one of 'The Malones' of Ossy & married Herman Pilkington & then married Alan Bannister 1984.
All other contacts have died so no one I can ask. I'd really appreciate any info. Many thanks.
BaaBaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2007, 19:29   #2

Re: Mary Doreen Bannister (nee Pilkington, nee Malone)

Hello
I am Alan Bannister's daughter. I would like to know either who you are or what your connection was prior to replying to you.
Regards HM
Hilary Mid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 06:34   #3
Resident Waffler

At the risk of being accused of being pedantic but for the benefit of anyone wanting to trace family trees and stuff can I just mention that 'nee' means 'born as' so the correct terminology should be 'formerly Pilkington, nee Malone'. It just makes it simpler when it comes to looking for birth records.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 16:32   #4

Im a Accy Malone
Old 14-05-2012, 23:08   #5
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaBaa View Post
I have just found out this person died in Nov 2003. (age 74) Can anyone please tell me how she died or where she died please?
The Accy Observer & Lancs Eve Telegraph web sites are both coming back as blank when I run the obituaries checks.
She was one of 'The Malones' of Ossy & married Herman Pilkington & then married Alan Bannister 1984.
All other contacts have died so no one I can ask. I'd really appreciate any info. Many thanks.
Hi my name is Debbie Pilkington originally from Accrington who had an Uncle Herman . Will ask my dad more in the morning and get back to you. I hope I am truly able to help you
Debbiepilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 07:32   #6
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Mary Doreen Bannister (nee Pilkington, nee Malone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaBaa View Post
Hi Debbie here again. That was my uncle hermans first wife then her second husband was a boxer . Colin Pilkington a brother still lives Accrington . Good luck
Debbiepilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 17:19   #7

Hi BaaBaa, Herman Pilkington was one of my mothers brothers I was page boy at their wedding. Doreen had a sister Mary who was a nursing sister at Accrington Victoria hospital. Doreen and Herman had one Boy Michael and three girls Anne, Christine and I can`t remember the last one. Anne I believe lives in the Middlesbrough area, Christine married a Police officer from the Hampshire/Wiltshire area. Michael was thrown out of the house when he was about 16 and never heard of again (by me). The only Pilkingtons left are Cyril, Ina who both live in Accy. and Hughie who I think lives in Belfast. Hope this helps.
Frank T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..