Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 21:46   #1
God Member

Mclean family

Thanx to Lilly for getting me going on this thread ive just found out that she is my cousin twice removed

i'm looking for relatives of the Mclean family from Accrington...relatives of Angus, Leslie, Edith, Archie, Anne, Jim and Flora

Archie was my grandad who lived in church (dill hall lane area) most of his life
Archie died 21 years ago and was married to Sheila(my gran) they had two daughters, Colleen and Maralynne (Maralynne was my mother) sadly she died 16 years ago aged 46

if anyone knows the whereabouts of any of my family please let me know

thanx

shaz xx
Old 25-10-2007, 13:57   #2
God Member

Re: Mclean family

Edith's last name is Bartram and Anne's last name is Spriggs, so if anyone knows Anne Spriggs or Edith Bartram could they please let me know

thanx
Old 26-10-2007, 12:30   #3
Resting In Peace

Found this on 192.com

2002 2003 EDITH BARTRAM 1 KINGFISHER COURT OSWALDTWISTLE ACCRINGTON BB5 3BS

2005 2006 EDITH BARTRAM 16 ST. ANDREWS COURT OSWALDTWISTLE ACCRINGTON BB5 3LW
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 12:33   #4
God Member

i think the second is where Edith is now, we knew where she lived just didnt know what number it was, thankyou every so much Jeff, it is much appreciated, karma sent
Old 30-10-2007, 21:18   #5

Smile Re: Mclean family

there is a sam mclean and his wife in ozzy if thats any help. they have two sons i think one is called stevei
Old 31-10-2007, 06:03   #6
God Member

three are a lot of Mcleans about, i think there are a couple of different families, if Steve is related to any of the Mcleans in the first post then he'll be related to me and Lilly somehow thanx for that Steveo
Old 31-10-2007, 16:06   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
there is a sam mclean and his wife in ozzy if thats any help. they have two sons i think one is called stevei
I don't know a Steve but, like you said Flashy, there are a few about.
Old 31-10-2007, 16:08   #8
God Member

i knew a melanie mclean who went to the same primary school as i did (st nicholas's) and she was from a different mclean family
Old 02-11-2007, 13:29   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i knew a melanie mclean who went to the same primary school as i did (st nicholas's) and she was from a different mclean family
Good look flashy and St Nicholas`s was a very good school. Had good times there Good Luck!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 16:38   #10

Hello Flashy,

I'm from the same branch of the McLeans that you are talking about. My Great-grandad was Archies brother (or is that uncle?, depends on that timeline). However if you have any questions I've got quite a bit of info that I've managed to trace......

Ian McLean
g0bmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 16:49   #11
God Member

ooo excellent, what was your great grandad called? if he was your great grandad that would make me and lilly your cousins ish lol
Old 01-02-2008, 17:49   #12

He was called Jim. His son was also called Jim and also lived on Dill Hall lane....
Old 01-02-2008, 17:59   #13
God Member

hold on so your grandad is jim mclean?
Old 01-02-2008, 18:47   #14

He certainly was...... passed away in 1993 he was probably your grandads cousin.

Ian
Old 01-02-2008, 19:02   #15
God Member

my grandad has a brother called jim, lives in accrington somewhere, jim is my great uncle and also lillys great uncle

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..