Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2011, 09:02   #121
Resting in Peace

Re: memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You too matey.

Always remember Cashy's mantra.

N.L.T.B.G.Y.D.

Cashy's mantra is being stretched to the limits at the moment
Old 29-12-2011, 15:38   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliss View Post
Does anyone remember the old accy co-op? I was a tv engineer from 1967-1978.
Hi fliss, do you know what happened to Jimmy and does he have any remaining family?
Accy Defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 07:26   #123

I do! I should do! I had to go shopping every morning before school. It was on Richmond Street, They opened at 8. 30 a.m. and school started at 9 a.m. got caned if I was late. No fairness in this world. Never questioned it-just did it. Happy days.
Stephanie Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 07:34   #124

I remember Dutton Street and it had a bakers' shop which made delicious whimberry pies-thin pastry and lots of fruit and juice. Used to take one up for mum to Fern gore, on a Tuesday. There was a florists and a men's hairdresser. Someone worked there called Jimmy Clark. I think Bailey's window was at the top of the street and the church-St. James' I think and that was across from the public library. I caught the bus to Fern Gore from Peel Street, at the bottom of little Blackburn Road.
Old 19-01-2012, 07:38   #125

One of Woolworths side windows was at the bottom of Dutton St.
Old 19-01-2012, 07:40   #126

Woolworths sid window and entraance was at the bottom of Dutton St. on one side.
Old 06-11-2016, 14:40   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliss View Post
Yes ,I did work from Manor St, I covered all the Rossendale valley and Jimmy Lomax was my boss.
I new Jimmy, he was a gentleman. As a school kid I learned a lot about radio from him and went on to work for Relay Vision on Abbey Street.
Accy Defector is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..