Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2003, 14:29   #1
Junior Member+

Post Missing friends

Does anyone out there remember Arthur Walton, I lived at Slaidburn Drive, attended Hollins school and was employed at Howard & Bulloughs ( A. K. A as Platt's ). Favorite pub's were Bridge, Bees Knees and Spinning Jenny. I moved to Germany in the early 70's and after living in several countries worldwide was sent to the states in 1985. Married to Sandra, with three teenage kids, Daniel , Sara and Jason. If you want to contact me please use my e mail. I miss Accrington and it's history.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2003, 22:35   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: Missing friends

sent you personel message
Old 02-09-2003, 20:39   #3
Senior Member+

I used to live up Fern Gore and went in the Jenny a lot.Remember the Carr Family
Old 02-09-2003, 20:40   #4
Senior Member+

Better said do you remember the Dickinson from Broadfield Road and then Cartmel Avenue
Old 02-09-2003, 20:40   #5
Senior Member+

I used to live up Fern Gore and went in the Jenny a lot.Remember the Carr Family
Old 03-09-2003, 12:55   #6
Junior Member+

I was born at Downham Drive in the Fern Gore area, later moved to Slaidburn Drive. Went to school with several "Fern Gorer's" , Bernard Addison , and a kid called Eddleston being a couple of names from the past.It was these guys that seemed to make everyones life hell, at Hollins. Spinning Jenny had good musical groups during the early 70's. Fished at Jacobs Lodge, and the Plunger for many happy years. Drank lot's of "yards" at the Plough, and lived to tell the tale.
Old 04-09-2003, 14:03   #7
Junior Member+

Hi Artie, i know Bernard Addison, he used to call at my place every week, he moved up to the Morecambe area a few months back, he's not on the net, if there is an owd gits motorcyle club up Morecambe way you might catch up with him there, ill mention that you were asking about him next time i see him.

H.
Hugh Jampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 14:26   #8
Junior Member+

Thanks for the reply you sent me, Bernard used to like beating up smaller, and less physical kids at Hollins. He hung around with other guys from Fern Gore as protection. I was the target of Bernards attention until I stood up one day and returned some of his "treatment"., suprised to say he was a little different after that ! Tell him I just bought a Yamaha 1100 c. c.  V Star cruiser last month. Next year I will try and buy a Harley Davidson money permitting. How are things in Accrington, it's years since I was there.

Regards
ArthurWalton
Old 05-09-2003, 16:02   #9
Junior Member+

[quote author=Mik_Dickinson link=board=lostfriends;num=1061476181;start=0#2 date=09/02/03 at 21:39:28]I used to live up Fern Gore and went in the Jenny a lot.Remember the Carr Family[/quote]

I remember Linda, she was a right b1tch to my friend when we were teenagers, she used to bully her!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2003, 17:36   #10
Senior Member+

[quote author=Lesley link=board=lostfriends;num=1061476181;start=0#8 date=09/05/03 at 17:02:04]

I remember Linda, she was a right b1tch to my friend when we were teenagers, she used to bully her![/quote]
Believe me she has changed a lot over the years.Her brother Jim now runs the Plough.Would it be too much to ask who your friends name was?
Old 19-09-2003, 11:41   #11
Junior Member+

Sorry, don't think my friend would appreciate e posting her name! What happened to the other brother 'Ian'?
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 15:03   #12
Senior Member+

Ian is has now married a very nice woman and i sdo believe they are starting a family.At least it looked that way when i was over.Either that or she has put weight on LOL!
Old 03-10-2003, 17:08   #13

Hi Artie. I was born on Fern Gore Ave. Before Spinning Jenny was built so I think I am a big older than you guys. Left when we had to move into caravans while the council put loos upstairs and moderise the good old houses. Tom was still in the paper shop at the end of the ave.
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 08:47   #14
Senior Member+

[quote author=Lynne . Tom was still in the paper shop at the end of the ave.[/quote]
Believe it or not and it may not come as a surprise it is now Asian owned or was when we were last back there
Old 10-10-2003, 07:34   #15

We  lived at 30 Rimmington Ave
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..