Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2006, 19:16   #196

Re: Moorhead High School

I can't believe how many of my teachers were still there when you youngsters were there. Tony Robinson, Malcolm White, Mrs Gudgeon, Mrs Scull et al. Makes me feel quite young actually.

Mind you when I started it Was Accy grammar and merged with the girls High School in my second year.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2006, 19:48   #197

My big bro started of at Accy Grammar too then for the Merge, i think the teachers were just fossilised there
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:22   #198

Is Mr white still around?
Old 01-04-2006, 11:34   #199
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by those were the days
Mrs Fowler thats it!
Didn`t it seem sad seeing queen`s building coming down? What are they going to do with the site?
Im surprised they fit them all in the Cromwell building although the youngsters will not have the experience of walking to & from Queens building-Cromwell building via the link path if you was lucky to stay on the path & not be pushed into the mud LOL, certainly not great in the pouring rain getting soaked through
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:57   #200

the scary home economics teacher was called miss watts
Old 01-04-2006, 13:52   #201

Have you been in the new building? I went to have a nosey on an open day thing last year, weird how the new bit suddenly turns into cromwell building, remember the dinner hut as well?
Old 01-04-2006, 14:17   #202
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by those were the days
remember the dinner hut as well?
Oh yeah i remember that getting my soup & roll lol altho it did get demolished before my year 9 started & they built a new one within the home economics block.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 14:57   #203
God Member

WOW! The soup hut! I'd forgot about that place!!
Old 01-04-2006, 15:44   #204

And the never ending queue, with the dinner ladies giving out tickets so that you didn`t push in! The chicken pie was good but the coke always made me giddy (giddier?)
Old 01-04-2006, 15:56   #205
God Member

We all cant wait to leave school yet the majority of us wish we could have those days again sad though it sounds. Two of my nieces attend and those teachers there that where mine and my sisters enjoyed "dropping" us in it especially me oops.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 15:58   #206

Yeah, that final day you leave the school doors, it kind of hits you, that maybe it wasn`t such a bad place after all.. Do your nieces enjoy it?
Old 01-04-2006, 19:30   #207
I am Banned

i went to moorhead it was well **** lol only thing i liked is p.e thats it
brfcbigtits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:25   #208
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Aaaah Miss Watts. The Domestic Science teacher..... She was such a softie and always fell for a sob story. Me and my mate must have got out of cooking most weeks. We used to tell her that as our parents were divorced, we couldn't afford to buy the ingredients. Had her in tears a few times... I don't know how I ever came away with an O level in that subject..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:42   #209
God Member

Sure Miss Watts didnt do the exam for you Lettie.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 14:49   #210
mac
I am Banned

havent lived in accy for years. is the school any rougher than 93 when i left or is it the same. is the school basketball team just as good. we used to kick arse.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..