Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 12:25   #211

Re: Moorhead High School

Anyone on here leave moorhead in 99
Lisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2006, 15:04   #212
Senior Member+

oh the memories!! and the coincidence - i'm goin there for my nephews parent evening 2nite!! so i hope to see them there
Old 08-05-2006, 20:16   #213

do you remember mr littler the hells angel biker biography teacher?
great teacher all said. also spider man the r.e. teacher (mr webb)
or am i going back a little too far for you all now

Last edited by cpcman; 08-05-2006 at 22:31.
cpcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 20:24   #214

just another quick one. My Daughter is in the last year now at Moorhead just about to take her exams she has a teacher who remembers me Mr Neild. I remember him well! He once called my work a mock up with a capitol C. Thanks great mate really did me good
cpcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 22:24   #215
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Moorhead High School

they were top teachers apart from mr williamson pullin ya ears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Any of the old teachers still there that have already been mentioned in various threads smiffy Mr & MrsWalmsley, Mr Williamson, Mr. Green, Mr Robinson, Mr McHale, Mr McCaffrey??
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 22:27   #216
Junior Member+

Talking Re: Moorhead High School

:D HA our year tortured poor hitler littler i think he had a break down dint he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
I remember Mrs Ainsworth my first form tutor,Mr Cauldwell (Chucklebrother lookalike,get him talking about football and the lesson was out the window),Mr Williamson(art)permanently chewing gum,Mr Jordan (art),Mrs Heap(French teacher and from France)she was also my form techer and I had her in set 1,hated her.Mr mcHale(History),Mr Dixon(Maths),had a really great Chemistry teacher but can't remember his name,he was quite old with very thick glasses.Edna Skull(Physics)always chuckled at the subtlty of the name.Mrs Walmsley,Mr Walmsley(Larry Grayson specs),Mr Littler(hitler)Chemistry.Mr Omerod(nice guy RIP),Mr Clayton(history)Separate desks,lines for being late,lines for being early,lines for everything,then after school he used to jog home to where of all places but CLAYTON.
Old 08-05-2006, 22:32   #217
Junior Member+

I WAS IN THAT YEAR TOO
VEZ AND CATHERINE VICKI AND ALL THE REST OF THE CREW
Quote:
That was a little before my time i started Moorhead in '87 and left in '92
Old 08-05-2006, 22:39   #218
Junior Member+

MY DAD WAS AT THE GRAMMER IN 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvKy
Ken Scott inspired me to take up a career in woodworking, I'm still at it 20 odd years later. The most inspiring teacher that I ever encountered was a guy that went by the name of Winky Barrel, a chemistry teacher. He taught me for a year and sadly died. I think that must have been around 1975, the guy had been a professor but an objector to the second war and so got shuffled down to the grammar school, passionate about his subject though
Old 08-05-2006, 22:50   #219
Junior Member+

ARE THEY RELATED TO KERRY,GAYNOR AND TRACEY NEWSON?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibi
It was Gary Lettie, wasn't Mark Gillian Newsons brother
Old 08-05-2006, 23:03   #220
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nods
HA our year tortured poor hitler littler i think he had a break down dint he?
I think that was might have had something to do with a certain pupil setting light to the bunsen burner taps everytime he was in his class.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:35   #221
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcman
do you remember mr littler the hells angel biker biography teacher?
great teacher all said. also spider man the r.e. teacher (mr webb)
or am i going back a little too far for you all now
yeh i remember Mr Webb how could i forget the unforgiving soul who gave the whole class detention for a few idiots peeing about
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:37   #222
I am Banned

Quote:
I think that was might have had something to do with a certain pupil setting light to the bunsen burner taps everytime he was in his class.
Called Wayne W i was fortunate to be in his class for entertainments lmao
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:08   #223

does anyone remember Mr Garstan (don't know how its spelt but pronounced like that). he got knocked over by a students mum.
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 14:21   #224

I remember mr garstang he used to take me for gcse PE. He only liked you if you were good at it !! and female

Last edited by Lisa82; 10-05-2006 at 14:30.
Lisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 16:23   #225

i didn't have mr garstang, my PE teacher was mr fox. i heard that in garstang lesson if you didn't have your kit then during register you'd have to say something like- yes sir no kit sir. or if you had a note you'd say- yes sir note sir. what a weirdo?

by the way who was your personal tutor? mine was Mrs parkinson. her initials are M.P. so my class was called Members of Parliament (MP)
kash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..