Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2005, 22:53   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Moorhead High School

Mr. Caudwell is still there and I didn't believe anyone could look so much like a Chuckle brother until I saw him!

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 26-02-2005 at 08:06.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2005, 22:53   #17

Not forgetting Mr Lowe and Mr Windle(PE) and the good old Iccy Van with everyone buting all the crisps,puffs,n wham bars.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 22:56   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
Not forgetting Mr Lowe and Mr Windle(PE) and the good old Iccy Van with everyone buting all the crisps,puffs,n wham bars.
Oh the poor iccy van men i forgot about them, rocking their vns till everything fell out !!!!
Old 25-02-2005, 22:58   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Mr. Cauldwell is still there and I didn't believe anyone could look so much like a Chuckle brother until I saw him!
Mr.Green looked like Tosh off the Bill awell
Old 25-02-2005, 23:09   #20

I also remember the poor lad Gary Robinson who got struck by lightening on the playing fields just on the plateau further up from the sandpit near the queens building.I also remember Mr McLaren's infamous peformance as boy george.
vickylou likes this.
Old 25-02-2005, 23:13   #21
God Member

Quote:
I also remember the poor lad Gary Robinson who got struck by lightening on the playing fields just on the plateau further up from the sandpit near the queens building.I also remember Mr McLaren's infamous peformance as boy george.
That was a little before my time i started Moorhead in '87 and left in '92
Old 25-02-2005, 23:19   #22

You lucky girl,our year had the misfortune of being the first year of GCSE's.The teachers didnt have a clue and I remember looking at parts of my exam papers and the subjects hadn't even been studied.A total bleep.
Old 25-02-2005, 23:23   #23
God Member

Quote:
You lucky girl,our year had the misfortune of being the first year of GCSE's.The teachers didnt have a clue and I remember looking at parts of my exam papers and the subjects hadn't even been studied.A total bleep.
Some things never change then, half the teachers still didn't have a clue when it was time for my GCSE's PMSL!!!
Old 25-02-2005, 23:33   #24

Hargreaves,Mercer,Peel and i think the other house was Lacey.I was in Hargreaves,we never lost a game of rugby in all the 5 years(even though i hated it)
Old 25-02-2005, 23:38   #25
God Member

Quote:
Hargreaves,Mercer,Peel and i think the other house was Lacey.I was in Hargreaves,we never lost a game of rugby in all the 5 years(even though i hated it)
I was in Lacey which was a manky green top, Hargreaves was blue wasn't it, peel was yellow and Mercer was red. It was ace at swimming gala and down at Wilson's for sports day, think they were the only time you got any real banter between the houses!
Old 25-02-2005, 23:42   #26

You're spot on.
Old 26-02-2005, 07:52   #27
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

How on earth do you remember Gary Robinson Pilky? That was in 1980 in the summer. I was in the first year then (left in 1984) It was probably the most horrible day of my schooling. I actually saw it happen as I was in transit from the Cromwell building to the Queens building.
I remember Mr Bolton (RIP) Mrs Skull (RIP) Mr Green, Mr Simpkins, Mr Robinson, Mrs Heap, Mr and Mrs Edwards (French and Chemistry) Mr Cartiledge (Chemmy) Mr Harris and Mr McGrath (Physics) Mr Riley (Biology and great drummer) Mr Howarth (Biology) Mr and Mrs Walmsley (English) Mr Robbins and Mrs Riley (Maths) Miss Tomlinson and Mrs Roberts (PE) Mrs Jones (History and temporary headmistress, the school ran like clockwork when she was in charge) Mrs Stewart (Geography) Mr White (music) Mr Webb and Mr McCaffrey (RE) Miss Parkinson (French) Mrs Sandham (German) Mrs Fowler (Domestic Science) Mr Williamson and Mr Jordan (Art) Mr Morgan (Mallen, English) Mr Caudwell (Maths, and general token fanciable male teacher) He must have been young when he started, as I left 21 years ago this year and like most kids, I thought all adults were old.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2005, 08:05   #28
Resident Waffler

Out of that lot there's only Miss Tomlinson (PE) who rings a bell. Presuming she was the same Miss Tomlinson.

Mrs. Taylor also did PE. We had Mrs Riley (maths but couldn't do geometry) Mr Mortimer and Mr Duckworth (sciences) Miss Melody (geography) Mrs Moon (French) Mr Manley (history) and Miss Redmayne (RE). Golly gosh I can't remember any more! Maybe they'll come back to me.

Old 26-02-2005, 08:12   #29
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I also remember Mrs Taylor (PE) she retired at the end of my first year.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2005, 08:20   #30
Resident Waffler

She wasn't as scary as Miss Tomlinson. The latter could put the fear of God into a humble first year on the hockey pitch.

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..