Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 21:47   #376
Junior Member+

Re: Moorhead High School

re my previous post - not getting at ian (if he views this site) - he was very clever doin that because i cant remember anyone challenging him!! Top marks to you - u fooled us all!!!! where is he now?? duckin and divin i bet!!!!
bobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2009, 18:01   #377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
I was at Moorhead in 1977-78. Moved to Africa then. Desperately looking for old friends... Kathrine Dawson,Laura Shields, Dianne Pasco...All maiden names. Planning a visit to Accrin in August and would love to see old school friends.
I lived next door to Cathrine Dawson and next door but one to Laura Shields back in the 1970´s but not sure what happened to them. However, I know Catherine is seriously into horses and has a stables (down in Devon I think)...her mother is still alive and lives near Burnley. Sorry cant be of further assistance.
Old 19-04-2009, 19:30   #378
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs11 View Post
Brings back some memories this especially the football team of 72 to 77 as mentioned by Johnno. Wasnt in the team myself but certainly remember all the names and characters.

Also remember some others such as all the Smiths!! AP (andy)(remember all that bloody dosh!!!! and all with only 1 good eye if you remember - twenty pound notes all over Queens Road!!), PB (Peter) (R.I.P.) I (Ian - the only lad in the year that never had a fight but had a reputation as a hard nut!! - not true though cos Ive given him a few good slappings since and hes soft as sh.te!! Few others have as well over the years which even I was surprised at!!), M (Mark I think??) and another A (Andy I believe)
And yerself Bobs,you had a slappin off any old school mates?Or just askin for one.
Old 19-04-2009, 21:55   #379
Junior Member+

probably askin for one reading my post now!! but didnt mean anything as nasty as it came across - just he had ths reputation and hats off to him
bobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 15:43   #380
Junior Member+

Thanks Red Rose,was fairly sure she would still be into horses, there are tons of Cathrines on Facebook but now I know she might be in Devon it helps to narrow it down.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 18:36   #381
Senior Member+

I remember mr bolton.. he left in 1990 i think it was.. Im sure he had a nervous breakdown or something. He was a really nice guy and a good teacher. I remember one day he came in and he grabbed one lad and started swearing and shaking him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie01302 View Post
Mr Bolton for English
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 20:22   #382
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I remember mr bolton.. he left in 1990 i think it was.. Im sure he had a nervous breakdown or something. He was a really nice guy and a good teacher. I remember one day he came in and he grabbed one lad and started swearing and shaking him.

what year did you leave?
Old 06-05-2009, 22:06   #383
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
what year did you leave?
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:25   #384
God Member

ah, i left 2 years before you
Old 10-05-2009, 15:51   #385

think she wer miss davies
emmskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 17:05   #386
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmskimo View Post
think she wer miss davies

Old 14-07-2010, 20:09   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman View Post
it didnt happen to be a guy called mark newson by any chance did it .
Mark was my brother horrid accident that ! mark passed away a few years back now.
batesyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 20:10   #388

Mark was my brother horrid accident that ! mark passed away a few years back now.
Old 14-07-2010, 20:34   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossendaleRed View Post
The music teacher was called Miss dickinson and then she married and is Mrs Regan.
Had to ring a few old school pals up for that info but feel better that i did!!
Mrs Regan now teaches at All Saints primary in clayton le moors...
Old 14-07-2010, 20:35   #390

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..