Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 12:28   #421

Re: Moorhead High School

i was at moorhead on that very sad day when the lightning struck it was frightening and i remeber it like it was yesterday
vickylou likes this.
Whittaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2011, 10:29   #422

My partner was walking across the field at the same time as the lad that was struck by lightning....he remembers it like it was yesterday!!
vickylou likes this.
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 10:53   #423

it was one of the most rememerable days of my school life and i am sure a hell of alot more people too sad day
Whittaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 16:41   #424

If I remember correctly, there was a possibility that the lightening bolt bounced off one of the pylons outside Huncoat school, in the fields. I was sat in the classroom there that day.
Old 22-07-2011, 22:43   #425

Just found this website. It is amazing how many of the teachers I remember. The best teacher was Mrs Jones - you never forgot her homework and most of the teachers were terried of her as well She instilled in me a love of history which I still have to this day. I think she became a Magistrate when she retired. Does anyone remember seeing the head master - I left in 1983 and I don't even remember his name or even remember seeing him once. Everyone is is right about Sutcliffe. The best place for him is in a prison as an inmate not a prison warden - the things he used to were awful and I speak from experience as I had him for maths for a year. The Walmsleys - you couldn't get two different people and two completely different methods of teaching. I was in Peel House and we were dreadful - we came last at everything. Lindsay - I think you were in my year - left in 1983.
angela19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 10:40   #426
Junior Member+

I went to school with Garry and knew him since we were both 4 years of age till his untimely death. Garry had one sister and one brother , both of whom were younger.
vickylou and tracy robinson like this.
the saint 1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 13:08   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela19 View Post
Just found this website. It is amazing how many of the teachers I remember. The best teacher was Mrs Jones - you never forgot her homework and most of the teachers were terried of her as well She instilled in me a love of history which I still have to this day. I think she became a Magistrate when she retired. Does anyone remember seeing the head master - I left in 1983 and I don't even remember his name or even remember seeing him once. Everyone is is right about Sutcliffe. The best place for him is in a prison as an inmate not a prison warden - the things he used to were awful and I speak from experience as I had him for maths for a year. The Walmsleys - you couldn't get two different people and two completely different methods of teaching. I was in Peel House and we were dreadful - we came last at everything. Lindsay - I think you were in my year - left in 1983.
Would the headteacher have been Ralph Bailey or perhaps Terry Neville?
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 10:45   #428
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Would the headteacher have been Ralph Bailey or perhaps Terry Neville?
At the time it was Ralph Bailey. 1980 We're talking about,
the saint 1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 19:27   #429
Junior Member+

MRS Nevison (not miss) also taught German. Yes, she was HOT!
Robins was the best teacher...next to mrs Jones.
Gary Robinson was sad.
Mr Marsden (not Mason) was deputy (until Jones took over). He gave me the strap, the nonce.
School reunion, first one Lynne Beattie looked like she'd aged the best, with Lisa Sharples not far behind. We had the fittest birds in our year, and I wish I was back salivating over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobon View Post
I was in Lacy house myself we rocked.
Our year was the first with the blue uniforms 1977.
Miss Nevison(french) was the hottest of the teachers.
I liked Mr Hartley(maths) he was my favourite teacher.
Gary Robbinson how sad the whole thing was.
Mr Baily was head and Mr Mason deputy when i started.
Mr Sutcliffe i hated but i played golf with him about five years back and he's a nice chap.
School reunions have both been fun.
I hated school but looking back damn good years they where.
Heres a pic for those who remeber me
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Neil; 27-09-2011 at 19:49. Reason: swearing
sugarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 19:32   #430
Junior Member+

Yes, Jones was the best. One of my regrets at Moorhead was not having Mrs Jones, or someone like her, for the subjects I failed at. While one must always take the majority of blame, at the same time I do believe that, had she been my teacher, I'd have HAD to learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela19 View Post
sugarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 01:49   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
LOL!! Mr. Green and Mr. Robinson they were good teachers, but you've got to admit they were easily led. The lads udsed to mention cricket on purpose so that we could miss half the lesson while they nattered lol!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Among my particular favourites were John Bolton {english** who sadly died a few years ago;he was massively enthusiastic and really brought the text alive.Also Bill Green and Tony Robinson [history] again both really got into their subject and also got special dispensation for me to go on a school trip to a Test match when it was strictly "boys only"!!! I think the told Mrs Jones it was educational because I was the team scorer or some other such flannel!
Yeah mr robinson he could cud be a nasty piece of work if u riled him which unfortunaley i did lol mr mchale was a star, if i wore white socks which wasn't allowed he used to say cawtherley yer blindin me haha at the time school wasnt funny or good ,but lookin back now often makes me lol anyone else feel that way
ianakabigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 01:56   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarray View Post
Yes, Jones was the best. One of my regrets at Moorhead was not having Mrs Jones, or someone like her, for the subjects I failed at. While one must always take the majority of blame, at the same time I do believe that, had she been my teacher, I'd have HAD to learn!
Ray were u in the same year as my brother lee cawtherley u too linsay i knew ur name sounded familiar but i couldnt think why , haha the walmsleys also the williamsons , i detested mr williamson an i dont remember sutcliffe wat did he teach ?
Old 28-09-2011, 02:08   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftywitch View Post
Mrs cruise was a music teacher
Think the historry teacher u refer to was mr clayton very quiet reserved fellow.mr greenhalgh was a cocknee banka but funny mr lowe was the balding one an i had a fight with him i was at a disadvantage cuz my brother went moorhead an left when i started an he was a bad lad so his rep rubbed off on me with some teachers, terry lowe wat a richard head haha

Last edited by Neil; 28-09-2011 at 03:03. Reason: fix quote
Old 28-09-2011, 19:12   #434

think you were in my year if not much mistaken,you leave 93?
carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 12:59   #435

Was i,93 god that makes me feel so old, same year as chad carrot,cant tell ya if i was in your year cuz i aint got a acooby who you are, gizza clue!?

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..