Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2005, 10:29   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Moorhead High School

Mr McHale, Mr Caudwell, Mr Williamson and Mr Jordan are all still there.........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2005, 11:51   #32
God Member

Miss Tomlinson was there when i was too, but she had an even more venomous partner in crime, Miss Blades!! I also remember that Geography teacher that looked like Deidre Barlow off Corrie, was she called Mrs Smith?
Old 27-02-2005, 18:34   #33
Senior Member+

Think the old chap who taught chemistry was called Mr Sims.I used to enjoy biology lessons with Mr Haworth;he used to wear the most fantastic floral print shirts and massive wide ties!
Old 27-02-2005, 18:36   #34
God Member

What was that Physics teacher called with the shocking curly hair and glasses, think he left in '88??
Old 27-02-2005, 18:43   #35
Senior Member+

Think it was Mr Harris;scarily I think he is related to me in some convoluted third cousin twice removed type way!
Old 27-02-2005, 18:46   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Think it was Mr Harris;scarily I think he is related to me in some convoluted third cousin twice removed type way!
he he he I'd keep that one quiet Lindsay
Old 27-02-2005, 18:51   #37
Senior Member+

It's a very very very distant relation! Didn't have any effect on my physics grades though;never did understand all that stuff ,but I did get a house point for wiring a plug correctly!
Old 27-02-2005, 19:37   #38
God Member

And who remembers the very attractive Mr dyson/knight he always did the ruler thing when we were in sex education, the one where he flips the edge and it makes the noise of a penis going erect (well i'm sure that it would be the sound if ever there was one pmsl)

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 19:40   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
And who remembers the very attractive Mr dyson/knight he always did the ruler thing when we were in sex education, the one where he flips the edge and it makes the noise of a penis going erect (well i'm sure that it would be the sound if ever there was one pmsl)
Yeah lol and always made a point of saying "you boys should be good at this with all the practice you get" PMSL!!!
Old 27-02-2005, 19:41   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Yeah lol and always made a point of saying "you boys should be good at this with all the practice you get" PMSL!!!
Yeah pmsl he sure knows how to get a few laugh's out of a tricky subject.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 22:57   #41
God Member

Anyone remember Mr. Greenhalgh the languages teacher that used to work weekends in The Bridge? I don't know who was more surprised him catching me underage drinking or me catching him working behind the bar pmsl!!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:01   #42

who was the teacher who taught in the classroom furthest to the left on the front on queens road west it was right on the corner and it def was a bloke you d have been there at the time tinks as i was a 4th year at carmel he didnt half come flying out after us for walking through the grounds
Old 01-03-2005, 09:14   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
How on earth do you remember Gary Robinson Pilky? That was in 1980 in the summer. I was in the first year then (left in 1984) It was probably the most horrible day of my schooling. I actually saw it happen as I was in transit from the Cromwell building to the Queens building.
I remember Mr Bolton (RIP) Mrs Skull (RIP) Mr Green, Mr Simpkins, Mr Robinson, Mrs Heap, Mr and Mrs Edwards (French and Chemistry) Mr Cartiledge (Chemmy) Mr Harris and Mr McGrath (Physics) Mr Riley (Biology and great drummer) Mr Howarth (Biology) Mr and Mrs Walmsley (English) Mr Robbins and Mrs Riley (Maths) Miss Tomlinson and Mrs Roberts (PE) Mrs Jones (History and temporary headmistress, the school ran like clockwork when she was in charge) Mrs Stewart (Geography) Mr White (music) Mr Webb and Mr McCaffrey (RE) Miss Parkinson (French) Mrs Sandham (German) Mrs Fowler (Domestic Science) Mr Williamson and Mr Jordan (Art) Mr Morgan (Mallen, English) Mr Caudwell (Maths, and general token fanciable male teacher) He must have been young when he started, as I left 21 years ago this year and like most kids, I thought all adults were old.
Good god Lettie, I remember all of them , what memories

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:15   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Any of the old teachers still there that have already been mentioned in various threads smiffy Mr & MrsWalmsley, Mr Williamson, Mr. Green, Mr Robinson, Mr McHale, Mr McCaffrey??
I think Mr McCaffrey is now at Hollins, he was my head of year for the first 3 years then I think it was Mrs Shaw

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:26   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
who was the teacher who taught in the classroom furthest to the left on the front on queens road west it was right on the corner and it def was a bloke you d have been there at the time tinks as i was a 4th year at carmel he didnt half come flying out after us for walking through the grounds
Think that's Mr. Walmsley rabbit, that was his class room and yes he would have come flying out after you lol!!

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..