Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2005, 16:47   #1
God Member

Moorhead High School

Didn't realise there was so many of us from Moorhead on here so I thought i would start a thread off to share teacher stories and reminis lol! Already been a few teachers mentioned so we will see who else we can add to our own Moorhead Hall of Fame!
Old 25-02-2005, 16:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Moorhead High School

Among my particular favourites were John Bolton {english** who sadly died a few years ago;he was massively enthusiastic and really brought the text alive.Also Bill Green and Tony Robinson [history] again both really got into their subject and also got special dispensation for me to go on a school trip to a Test match when it was strictly "boys only"!!! I think the told Mrs Jones it was educational because I was the team scorer or some other such flannel!
Old 25-02-2005, 17:04   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Among my particular favourites were John Bolton {english** who sadly died a few years ago;he was massively enthusiastic and really brought the text alive.Also Bill Green and Tony Robinson [history] again both really got into their subject and also got special dispensation for me to go on a school trip to a Test match when it was strictly "boys only"!!! I think the told Mrs Jones it was educational because I was the team scorer or some other such flannel!
LOL!! Mr. Green and Mr. Robinson they were good teachers, but you've got to admit they were easily led. The lads udsed to mention cricket on purpose so that we could miss half the lesson while they nattered lol!!
Old 25-02-2005, 18:00   #4

i am at moorhead mow an it is crap
Old 25-02-2005, 18:17   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Didn't realise there was so many of us from Moorhead on here so I thought i would start a thread off to share teacher stories and reminis lol! Already been a few teachers mentioned so we will see who else we can add to our own Moorhead Hall of Fame!
wondered why i felt so intelligent on here pmsl
Old 25-02-2005, 21:48   #6
Senior Member+

Im in my last year at Moorhead, has improved no end in past 3 years
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 21:53   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
Im in my last year at Moorhead, has improved no end in past 3 years
Any of the old teachers still there that have already been mentioned in various threads smiffy Mr & MrsWalmsley, Mr Williamson, Mr. Green, Mr Robinson, Mr McHale, Mr McCaffrey??
Old 25-02-2005, 22:00   #8
Resident Waffler

My days at Moorhead are so long ago that it wasn't even called Moorhead then and the teachers I had would have been long gone by the time you got there. It was all girls in those days and the male teachers always seemed to be cringeing with embarrassment over something or other. Mr. Mortimer (science - mainly chemistry) used to blush right round the back of his neck and ears.

I can still hear Mr. Duckworth (science again) saying those infamous words "Don't forget to put a rubber bung in it."

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 22:05   #9
God Member

Didn't Jim Bowen teach when it was an all girls school Willow??
Old 25-02-2005, 22:06   #10
Resident Waffler

Not when I was there.

Old 25-02-2005, 22:09   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Not when I was there.
I might be wrong then, i thought i'd heard/read somewere he used to teach in Accrington and lived up Ossy.
Old 25-02-2005, 22:38   #12

I remember Mrs Ainsworth my first form tutor,Mr Cauldwell (Chucklebrother lookalike,get him talking about football and the lesson was out the window),Mr Williamson(art)permanently chewing gum,Mr Jordan (art),Mrs Heap(French teacher and from France)she was also my form techer and I had her in set 1,hated her.Mr mcHale(History),Mr Dixon(Maths),had a really great Chemistry teacher but can't remember his name,he was quite old with very thick glasses.Edna Skull(Physics)always chuckled at the subtlty of the name.Mrs Walmsley,Mr Walmsley(Larry Grayson specs),Mr Littler(hitler)Chemistry.Mr Omerod(nice guy RIP),Mr Clayton(history)Separate desks,lines for being late,lines for being early,lines for everything,then after school he used to jog home to where of all places but CLAYTON.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 22:40   #13
Resident Waffler

Maybe he taught at the Grammar school which was boys only when the High School (Moorhead's name back then)was girls only. That was out on Blackburn Rd near The Miners.

Old 25-02-2005, 22:44   #14

I left in 1988 so I doubt it.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 22:48   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
I remember Mrs Ainsworth my first form tutor,Mr Cauldwell (Chucklebrother lookalike,get him talking about football and the lesson was out the window),Mr Williamson(art)permanently chewing gum,Mr Jordan (art),Mrs Heap(French teacher and from France)she was also my form techer and I had her in set 1,hated her.Mr mcHale(History),Mr Dixon(Maths),had a really great Chemistry teacher but can't remember his name,he was quite old with very thick glasses.Edna Skull(Physics)always chuckled at the subtlty of the name.Mrs Walmsley,Mr Walmsley(Larry Grayson specs),Mr Littler(hitler)Chemistry.Mr Omerod(nice guy RIP),Mr Clayton(history)Separate desks,lines for being late,lines for being early,lines for everything,then after school he used to jog home to where of all places but CLAYTON.
Somebody remembers well and Miss Parkinson with that Moggi Minor, when she was driving she looked through the steering wheel lol!!

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..