Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2012, 02:40   #1
Junior Member+

My old street

I am living in New Zealand, and am doing my family tree. I seem to recall somebody on here did photgraphs on request for different street addresses. Is my memory true, or did I dream it. Would be interested in hearing from anybody who could help with this. Many thanks Les Stewart
les stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2012, 07:55   #2
Senior Member+

Re: My old street

Les, I'm sure there'll be plenty - just give the name of the street. When did you live there? Which school did you attend? where did you work?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 15:33   #3
Full Member+

I live on Westwood St and up to a few years ago a Mrs Stewart lived ar no 8 , her family lived in New Zealand I think. She had a son in law ( i think ) called Ormerod Green.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06   #4
Full Member+

I went to school with a girl who live on Westwood Street Last name was Birch lived at #3 I think
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 22:30   #5
Junior Member+

Mrs Stewart at number 8 was my mum. She died in 1999. I have viewed the house on Google Street View. My brother in law Ormerod and sister Jean live in Brierfield. What number are you at?
Old 23-08-2012, 22:31   #6
Junior Member+

Susan Birch I think. Parents were John and Cecilia (or Celia)
Old 23-08-2012, 23:20   #7
Super Moderator

Don't tell Bob you went to Accy Grammar, Les, or he'll have you signed up to the AGSOB before you can say "Ben Johnson". Oops too late, given the game away!
Old 24-08-2012, 15:21   #8
Full Member+

I live at no 12 . Susan and her sister Janet lived at no 3 , her parents both passed away now.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 23:32   #9
Resting In Peace

Hi Les. I remember you well. I was mates with Helen Threlfall who lived at number two, and you were mates with her brother Ray. We crossed paths many times. I am Linda Renton as was. Wish my hubby and I had the guts to emigrate. But it was not to be. I have been a widow for five years. Anyway, happy memories of the 60's. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..