Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By ossy kid

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2017, 13:58   #1
God Member

need help with finding family archives in Lincolnshire

Hello you lot
i know its been a while but yes i am still around and still working up at RBH (its been 4 years now)

anyway, i have a favour to ask of you lovely people

My fella (Ant) and i have been attempting to look for some information for the last 12 months regarding a brother who he never knew

Anthony Reeve (my other half) was born in Great Humby in Lincolnshire on May 4th 1981 to Rosemary(then Cooper or Thompson) and Walter George Reeve, he has a twin sister called Lisa (born Reeve), Rosemary and Walter where not married at the time.

A few years ago Ant was told by a family member that his mum was married to a man with the surname Thompson way before he was born and they had a son called Kenneth Thompson, who for some unknown reason was shipped off to live with Rosemarys sister sometime either before 1981 or just after.

This person who told Ant this then said there was some sort of scandal within the family, possibly including the death of a child somewhere along the lines (possibly Ants older brother or sister), we have found out that Kenneth is still alive and lives in Lincolnshire but wants nothing at all to do with the family which is fair enough, Ant was told that there was a lot of write up in the local newspaper about what happened but as of yet cannot find anything.

i know this has nothing to do with Accy and if no one can help then all is still good

can anyone possibly point me in the right direction as to where i may be able to get any info from please?

yes he knows some things are best left in the past but he has asked me to try and look into it for him

Last edited by flashy; 03-11-2017 at 14:01.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2017, 19:56   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: need help with finding family archives in Lincolnshire

If as you say it was in the papers try contacting the local press office & check out their archives

newspapersintheuk.com: Newspapers in Lincolnshire

Not knowing the exact area your fella is from I can't say which would be the best to try, but the above list might be of some use.

Hope you get the results you'd like.
flashy likes this.
Old 03-11-2017, 20:12   #3
God Member

Thanx DiGy
Old 03-11-2017, 20:18   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

No worries Lass, like I said, I hope things work out well in your search.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:43   #5

The local Library may be able to help...hope you are able to find answers
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:01   #6
Senior Member+

Private message sent.
flashy likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:20   #7
God Member

Thankyou so much Ossy kid
Old 05-11-2017, 15:16   #8
Senior Member+

You are very welcome but remember the info has to be verified, it isn't gospel.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 16:26   #9
Beacon of light

Glad you got some help Flashy...hope it all turns out good for you.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 19:12   #10
I am Banned

Smile Re: need help with finding family archives in Lincolnshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Hello you lot
i know its been a while but yes i am still around and still working up at RBH (its been 4 years now)

anyway, i have a favour to ask of you lovely people

My fella (Ant) and i have been attempting to look for some information for the last 12 months regarding a brother who he never knew

Anthony Reeve (my other half) was born in Great Humby in Lincolnshire on May 4th 1981 to Rosemary(then Cooper or Thompson) and Walter George Reeve, he has a twin sister called Lisa (born Reeve), Rosemary and Walter where not married at the time.

A few years ago Ant was told by a family member that his mum was married to a man with the surname Thompson way before he was born and they had a son called Kenneth Thompson, who for some unknown reason was shipped off to live with Rosemarys sister sometime either before 1981 or just after.

This person who told Ant this then said there was some sort of scandal within the family, possibly including the death of a child somewhere along the lines (possibly Ants older brother or sister), we have found out that Kenneth is still alive and lives in Lincolnshire but wants nothing at all to do with the family which is fair enough, Ant was told that there was a lot of write up in the local newspaper about what happened but as of yet cannot find anything.

i know this has nothing to do with Accy and if no one can help then all is still good

can anyone possibly point me in the right direction as to where i may be able to get any info from please?

yes he knows some things are best left in the past but he has asked me to try and look into it for him
Hiya Flash me owd fruit cake, id's a while sin tha graced these pages, how the eck arti doing, yon lad o thine ul be all grown up now.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 20:07   #11
God Member

Hiya Walter, how are you? Hope all is well, bin busy at work these last 4 years, doing mi bit fert th'owd folk at th'ospital ont stroke unit lol

My lad is 21 now, all grown up...well so his birth certificate says anyway

Ossy kid has been brilliant and gave me most of the info needed about Ants brothers but couldnt find owt out about how the younger one David William Thompson died
Old 06-11-2017, 19:56   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Hiya Walter, how are you? Hope all is well, bin busy at work these last 4 years, doing mi bit fert th'owd folk at th'ospital ont stroke unit lol

My lad is 21 now, all grown up...well so his birth certificate says anyway

Ossy kid has been brilliant and gave me most of the info needed about Ants brothers but couldnt find owt out about how the younger one David William Thompson died
Good to hear Flashy, sounds like your doing a good job, just one thing, if by some strange quirk of nature I finish up in there, will you stick my finger int light socket, I hate to think my last days would be spent like some of them poor beggers, I'd sooner go out with a bang.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:53   #13
God Member

Bless ya Walter

Believe it or not we have more stroke survivors now than ever, had a lady in last week at 101, she ended up getting up and walking, its amazing what can be done now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..