Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2010, 17:37   #91

Re: Paddock House-old Friends

I know Judith Redman, she was in the same class as Chris Plachta, Maria Stephens, Ann Anderson et al, (alphas) Were you an alpha? I was in same year but an 'x'. I still see Chris and Maria often, I will ask them if they know where Judith might be and let you know.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2010, 04:45   #92

Yes - I remember them all. I was an Alpha. My maiden name was Walsh. I think I was a little weird then.....I'm OK now though! Have been a nurse for 26 years and love it.

The last I heard, Judith was living in Darmstadt, Germany. She had a daughter about the same time I had my son. Would appreciate any help in getting in touch with her. Thanks.

Last edited by ncc 1701; 15-07-2010 at 04:47. Reason: spelling
ncc 1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 06:46   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Hi, I used to go to Paddock House up to 1972. My name is Gerry Killian and we lived in Willows Lane, Fern Gore. We emigrated to Australia in 1972 and I would love to hear from anyone I knew back then. I was 14 when we left,am now 46. Loved to play over in Bullough Park. My brothers and sisters are Theresa, Jimmy, Marie, Moira, Joseph and Frances. I have never been back to England but would love to hear from anyone I used to know. My son is living in Accrington at the moment.
Hi Gerry, I'm Bernie Flanagan and I migrated to Australia the same year you did. I was in the same class as your cousin Anne Brankin.
flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 06:54   #94

I would like to hear from anyone I went to school with. I went to the junior school until 1965 when we first migrated to Australia and then returned in 1967. I then went on to the grammar school until 1972 when we migrated again.
flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 22:07   #95

I'm getting lost in this site but here goes anyway...I was at Paddock House from '58 to '63 and my sister was also there, but 2 years behind me. We were both in the U form. Mother Mary Magdalene was principal. Our surname was Rudzik, does anyone remember us?
Kathy Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 09:30   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Clare View Post
I'm getting lost in this site but here goes anyway...I was at Paddock House from '58 to '63 and my sister was also there, but 2 years behind me. We were both in the U form. Mother Mary Magdalene was principal. Our surname was Rudzik, does anyone remember us?
Hi, I was at Paddock from 1952 until 1964 and in the grammar school I was also in the U stream with the dreaded Mother Mary Mag as headmistress.
Sorry but your name doesn't ring a bell.
The only foreign sounding name I remember was 'Botta '( 2 sisters- Emoke and Pearl ). They were both excellent musicians and I think they came from Hungary
More info might stimulate my ageing brain cells!!
Susan Counsell
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 21:38   #97

Thanks anyway Susan, it was long ago wasn't it? Here are some names from girls in my Form: Bridget Broughal, Marie Demaine, Maureen Lawrence, Hilary Gaynor. Ring any bells? I was probably one form ahead of you and my sister Patricia was one behind. She remembers Angela Prendergast quite well.
Kathy Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 21:40   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Thanks anyway Susan, it was long ago wasn't it? Here are some names from girls in my Form: Bridget Broughal, Marie Demaine, Maureen Lawrence, Hilary Gaynor. Ring any bells? I was probably one form ahead of you and my sister Patricia was one behind. She remembers Angela Prendergast quite well.
Angelas a member on here,aint been on fer a couple of years though sadly.
Old 21-04-2011, 06:32   #99

Is Angela any relation to David Prendergast.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 08:27   #100

Quote:
I remember them all. You're right, I was a year behind and in the same class as Bridget Broughal's sister Pat. I played in the school netball team with Bridget and a girl called Margaret Pickup. I can remember Bridget and Margaret because they both got about 11 gce's and then 6 a levels !!! Unbelievable, and they still had time to go up Accy Jazz club!!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 09:02   #101
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Is Angela any relation to David Prendergast.
Not really sure Alan, but I have it in my mind that she didn't have a brother, but I could be wrong, know she lived down Church on the street across the junction with market street, was on the ribble bus rout
Old 21-04-2011, 20:34   #102
mez
God Member

angela is an only child, was brought up next door to me on oswald st church, after her mum died she went to live with an aunty & uncle on york street church, mabe david is a cousin.
Old 21-04-2011, 21:39   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
angela is an only child, was brought up next door to me on oswald st church, after her mum died she went to live with an aunty & uncle on york street church, mabe david is a cousin.
Dunno about any david, but her cousins Billy who lives in canada, n younger brother Thomas grew up round corner from me.
Old 21-04-2011, 21:53   #104

Ok thanks, David lived in Clayton, but he had a sister. I'll asked my cousin, Margaret.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 15:26   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
Quite right, Mez, Angela (Pendy) had no brother.
Only know this, because I have just seen her down town and asked her !!
She was whizzing around on her mobility scooter with David (her now husband !) in tow.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..