Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2011, 23:06   #106
God Member

Re: Paddock House-old Friends

Just a thought. Does anyone remember Pamela Marsden? (I think that's the name; sorry, I'm old .... older than dirt). Late 50s, early 60s. Red hair. A little hottie. Ooops, sorry about that. I believe I had a crush on her.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2011, 03:40   #107
Junior Member+

Hi everyone, I used to go to Paddock House and had been trying to find it for ages, it's thanks to this site that I finally know what happened. I think I went I 1955 not quite sure exactly because of family upheavals. All I have i a picture of me in the winter uniform before starting, it was taken on the triagle off India St Acrington, I have lost all other photos, my grandmother kept them and then we got separated by large oceans. I only attended the junior school, we moved to Bolton at one point but not before I spent one year at St Christophers. Anyone out there that went to PDdock House the same time as me. Regards. My name was Ann Whitehead.

Last edited by manantat; 25-05-2011 at 03:42. Reason: Spelling mistake
manantat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:30   #108

Do you have any idea what happened to the Sisters of Mercy? When I last visited the school was no longer there. I was at the school when Mother Mary Magdalene was the head mistress and Mrs. Ryan taught Latin. Mr. Richardson taught Math, Mr. McKenzie geography, Mr. Singh Science and Mrs. Snowley Biology. Good old days.
Vammas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:57   #109
Senior Member+

I do know that Mrs (Doris) Snape, who taught English and drama at PH died a few years ago. Her daughters are still around and involved in Am Dram
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 20:24   #110

My Sister in law Christine Redfearn went to Paddock House in the early sixties, she was from Burnley....probably left in 62...ish...shes 68 now
any one know her?
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 17:12   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vammas View Post
Do you have any idea what happened to the Sisters of Mercy? When I last visited the school was no longer there. I was at the school when Mother Mary Magdalene was the head mistress and Mrs. Ryan taught Latin. Mr. Richardson taught Math, Mr. McKenzie geography, Mr. Singh Science and Mrs. Snowley Biology. Good old days.
When I was there Mrs. Ryan taught Maths ( I left in 1964) I remember Singh and Mckenzie though
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2016, 07:08   #112
Junior Member+

Hi Gerry, my name is Ian Laycock and I have been trying to find and contact Teresa (Killian) for the best part of 30 years. we worked together at Platts 1971, and I came to Brisbane in 1972,,,and stayed with your family for sometime. I would love to make contact with Teresa again to see how each others life has turned out, I am happy to see from this thread that she is married and happy with a daughter. I was in Australia in Feb this year.
Thanks for your help,,very best regards Ian
ianlaycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 12:11   #113
Junior Member+

Hi may name is Ian Laycock and i have been looking for 30 years plus to find the Killian Family went to Austrialia in 1972. there was 5 or 6 family members Gerry, Tesera, maire ????? Tesera went to Paddock House school, Accrington. found i a thead on here somewhere but have lost it now it was to gerry he was only 14 when they went to Australia. can you please help me ?
Old 17-06-2016, 12:19   #114
Junior Member+

Hi Gerry, my name is Ian Laycock and I have been trying to find and contact Teresa (Killian) for the best part of 30 years. we worked together at Platts 1971, and I came to Brisbane in 1972,,,and stayed with your family for sometime. I would love to make contact with Teresa again to see how each others life has turned out, I am happy to see from this thread that she is married and happy with a daughter. I was in Australia in Feb this year.
Thanks for your help,,very best regards Ian
Old 01-08-2016, 09:36   #115
Junior Member+

Hi Gerry, I knew your sister very well, we worked together for a while, and I came out to Australia and stayed with you and your family, I would love to catch up with Theresa and see how life has turned out for both of us, my email is [email protected].
Thanks
Old 19-08-2016, 18:29   #116

Hello to all! I am writing to see if anyone can help. My mother is 95 and went to Paddock House between 1932 and 1939. She was reminiscing about her school experience and asked me to find some details to help her fading memory. Her name then was Honoria (Nora) O'Mahony, and she believes that she was the first student there to go to Oxford. I would like to know iif anyone remembers her name? Apparently she was head girl in her final year and thinks that her name was on aboard of honour n the hall? I personally would like to be able to tell her what happened to the school and find any relevant photos. Is there a published history which I can access?
Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
Tonydusautoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 19:25   #117

Hi Tony,my mother also went to Paddock House but in the early 40`s.Book prizes were very popular then,her award of a French dictionary saw me through my studies.
There were a few regular posters on this site who are ex PH who are now using Facebook,
I am sure that if you do not get a response here then try Hyndburn Chat,Dianne will guide you for sure.
cashman likes this.
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 14:39   #118

Hi, I left Paddock in 1974, aged 16. I was in the 'x' class. Some of us have started to get together once a year - usually August time, this year we went to the Dunkenhalgh. If anyone was there around the same time you are welcome to join us. PM me for details. This years group consisted of Margaret Massey, Maureen Mead, Julie Jovanovic, Steph Lord, Penny Cowell, Carole Rishton, Veronica Hunt, Carole Kendal. We are all trying to contact others who might want to join us next year for a catch up and a good laugh.
(You don't need to have been an 'x', or even the same year group!)
JB x
cashman and Stevie R like this.

Jelly Baby

Last edited by jelly baby; 21-08-2016 at 14:42.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 16:50   #119

Hi Stevie! That's very helpful. Can you give me the link to Dianne? I can't find it easily here! Thanks again. Tony
Stevie R likes this.
Tonydusautoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..