Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2013, 19:57   #1

Phil Collier

I'm trying to locate Phil Collier - he attended Accy Grammar/Moorhead HS and left in 1977/78. He lived on Ribblesdale Avenue and joined the army and last time I heard from him he was married and living in Finland or Sweden but that was probably about 7/8 years ago

He had a younger brother called Wayne and an older bother who was also in the army

He was in Spring Hill Boys Brigade and played side drum in the BB Band

Would love to catch up with Phil again
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2013, 20:06   #2

Re: Phil Collier

I was in Phil's year at AGS Hedman and also at Springhil BB (Mighty Mouse Section if I remember rightly) but haven't seen him since '78 I'm afraid. He wasn't at the reunion in 2002. Have you tried friends reunited?
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 09:13   #3
Senior Member+

Phil is not on the Accrington Grammar School Old Boys register - neither is hedman or egg&chips, who will be hearing from me. I am the Mem Sec. In case I miss future postings, please will you keep me updated, Hedman.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 09:27   #4
Senior Member+

There was an S.Collier at AGS 1967-74 This may have been his elder brother. I wonder if Phil was son of Accrington cricketer Jack Collier
Old 23-07-2016, 07:58   #5

[QUOTE=hedman2003;1083837]I'm trying to locate Phil Collier - he attended Accy Grammar/Moorhead HS and left in 1977/78. He lived on Ribblesdale Avenue and joined the army and last time I heard from him he was married and living in Finland or Sweden but that was probably about 7/8 years ago

He had a younger brother called Wayne and an older bother who was also in the army

He was in Spring Hill Boys Brigade and played side drum in the BB Band

Would love to catch up with Phil again[/QUOTE

Philip is my younger brother, he now lives in Singapore, I hear from him regularly, I will let him know u are looking for him
kazcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 09:39   #6
Senior Member+

PMs sent to egg&chips and kazcol. I am membership secretary for the Accrington Grammar School Old Boys
Old 23-07-2016, 18:24   #7

thanks I managed to track him down on FB a couple of months ago sadly it was to inform him of the death of a friend
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 08:24   #8
Senior Member+

Good work, Hedman

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..