Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2013, 03:09   #1
Junior Member+

Raymond Tattersall

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows the where abouts of Ray> he lived in the big house on Burnley Rd, on the right hand side going towards Hapton. It was a beautiful house and I need to reserve my comments about that Ray came to canada to visit us several years ago,then we lost touch, I know he had a lady friend in Clitheroe who was a hairdresser. I would just like to know he is ok as he was having some medical issues. I would really appreciate any info
kathk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2013, 08:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Raymond Tattersall

Ray's house has been pulled down and a new massive house has been built there. Don't know who lives there as I have never seen anyone around there. Last I knew of Ray he had a nursing home somewhere. I used to go to service his boiler in his house.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 17:36   #3
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Ray's house has been pulled down and a new massive house has been built there. Don't know who lives there as I have never seen anyone around there. Last I knew of Ray he had a nursing home somewhere. I used to go to service his boiler in his house.
Thank you, we were in contact with them when he had the nursing home, after it got sold he came over to canada to visit us. we kept in touch for quite a while but then I know he had some medical issues. Then we lost contact, he may have moved to clitheroe to live with his girlfriend but he seemed to vanish of the face of the earth.
if anyone has any leads so I can get back in touch that would be great
It was a shame they took down that beautiful house when he sold it. I heard there was a mosque there now
Old 20-04-2013, 17:56   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathk View Post
Thank you, we were in contact with them when he had the nursing home, after it got sold he came over to canada to visit us. we kept in touch for quite a while but then I know he had some medical issues. Then we lost contact, he may have moved to clitheroe to live with his girlfriend but he seemed to vanish of the face of the earth.
if anyone has any leads so I can get back in touch that would be great
It was a shame they took down that beautiful house when he sold it. I heard there was a mosque there now
Don't know what it is I heard the same rumours, but you never see anyone there
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 08:36   #5

Did a lot of work for Ray at Manley House.
Made & fitted out bedrooms, all mahogany interiors, with Classic Onyx exteriors.

Whenever we pass the monstrosity which has replaced it, my wife always jokes that the only way they could remove my units was to demolish the house!

Don't know where Ray is now, we kind of 'fell out' over payment for my work.
If he now has 'health issues' however, I wish him a speedy recovery, he is someone in life who taught me a lesson, however unwanted at the time.

Last edited by KiTChener; 24-04-2013 at 08:43. Reason: Submitted before completed!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 00:00   #6

Hi Kathk,
Didn't know Ray, only lived in Accrinton 7 years...It does sound like someone will come up with an answer soon. Seen the new (house ) though, not good to look at...Hope you get a result soon....Tony......PS:; I have a cousin in Ontario, he was from here,,,,Paul Gatenby, Accountant....Good Luck...
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 02:49   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1002 View Post
Hi Kathk,
Didn't know Ray, only lived in Accrinton 7 years...It does sound like someone will come up with an answer soon. Seen the new (house ) though, not good to look at...Hope you get a result soon....Tony......PS:; I have a cousin in Ontario, he was from here,,,,Paul Gatenby, Accountant....Good Luck...
Hi Tony, it would be nice to know he is ok we had known him for many years.
where abouts in Ontario is your cousin, Ontario is a big area lol, we are just over an hours drive from Toronto, Brantford area. Thankfully its getting warmer, nest week should be up to 17 degree's its been wet and cold this week.
Old 25-04-2013, 02:59   #8
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Did a lot of work for Ray at Manley House.
Made & fitted out bedrooms, all mahogany interiors, with Classic Onyx exteriors.

Whenever we pass the monstrosity which has replaced it, my wife always jokes that the only way they could remove my units was to demolish the house!

Don't know where Ray is now, we kind of 'fell out' over payment for my work.
If he now has 'health issues' however, I wish him a speedy recovery, he is someone in life who taught me a lesson, however unwanted at the time.
The bedrooms were beautiful, we spent a lot of time there, you did fantastic work. sorry things did not work out about payment. I am sure Ray could be difficult to deal with!!
He was undergoing tests quite a few years ago. I was affraid he had a brain tumour or some kind of issue like that, He said he would keep us up to date but then just dissapeared, people stopped seeing him walking around. He used to walk for miles. I have a feeling he may have lost his memory or even passed away. It would be nice to know.
It must have been sad for you to see all your work demolished, I will never understand why someone would knock down a house like that, it was very impressive inside.
Old 25-04-2013, 16:43   #9
Senior Member+

This is not Tattersall of Tattersall Windowcleaners is it?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:41   #10
Senior Member+

Ray worked for Gilbraith Tankers in the early 70's and I took him out training twice.
I was amazed when after he left he finished up with the big house.
Old 25-04-2013, 17:55   #11

The Ray Tattersall I knew lived on Washington st in the mid sixties, and worked for J Bradley Transport for awhile. I remember he got a contract for cleaning the windows of (what looked like an old mill) the building opposite the Adephia....corner of Melbourne st/ Avenue Parade....tried to rope me into it, till I saw the number of windows there were. Havn't seen him for years
steve50brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 02:28   #12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
This is not Tattersall of Tattersall Windowcleaners is it?
Yes, he and Ann had a cleaning contractors, the office was on whalley Rd. He started off cleaning windows with a wheel barrow cart and a ladder!
Old 26-04-2013, 02:30   #13
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Ray worked for Gilbraith Tankers in the early 70's and I took him out training twice.
I was amazed when after he left he finished up with the big house.
I am not sure about when he drove for Gilbraiths, I know he did drive the tourist busses, (coaches) he drove once in a while to keep his license up.

Last edited by kathk; 26-04-2013 at 02:37.
Old 26-04-2013, 02:34   #14
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve50brown View Post
The Ray Tattersall I knew lived on Washington st in the mid sixties, and worked for J Bradley Transport for awhile. I remember he got a contract for cleaning the windows of (what looked like an old mill) the building opposite the Adephia....corner of Melbourne st/ Avenue Parade....tried to rope me into it, till I saw the number of windows there were. Havn't seen him for years
yes, he did live on wahington st before building up his cleaning company, my hubby worked with him on those windows in the early days lol Then he bought the house on Burnley rd and renovated it. He sold the cleaning company and Started the retirment home in Hapton.
Old 26-04-2013, 08:05   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathk View Post
I am not sure about when he drove for Gilbraiths, I know he did drive the tourist busses, (coaches) he drove once in a while to keep his license up.

As I wrote above, it was the early 70's, he probably stayed a year but I think there was a clash of personalities with the transport manager and Ray more or less told him where to shove his tankers.
He used to come to work in a car more fitting the MD than a driver.

About the time the big house was being finished on Burnley road a plasterers van pulled out and followed me into Griffin petrol station.
I asked the lads who the house was for and they told me it was some Asian family.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..