Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2009, 23:06   #256

re: Rhyddings High School??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Hiya Joan
Was Goody your maiden name or is it your married name .
Yes, Goody is my maiden name. I'm divorced now.
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2009, 10:45   #257

i went to rhyddings finished in 2002 2003 summat like that i think. i was there a few yrs befor they stopped using blazers. i was in mr furlongers form for my first few years.
cathywigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2009, 12:05   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathywigg View Post
i went to rhyddings finished in 2002 2003 summat like that i think. i was there a few yrs befor they stopped using blazers. i was in mr furlongers form for my first few years.
Is this when it went from Rhyddings to rhyddings? I used capital letters when I went to there in the 70’s.
Puffing Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2009, 17:52   #259
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffing Billy View Post
Is this when it went from Rhyddings to rhyddings? I used capital letters when I went to there in the 70’s.
So what?

Wanna blue peter badge?
Old 25-02-2009, 21:43   #260

i went there 1982-1987 Mr Booths class (1BH) , I can't belive that just flashed in my head !!!!!
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 15:45   #261
God Member

if any of you have kids at Rhyddings, they are changing the school uniform for September, back to the blazer, shirt and tie
Old 25-03-2009, 15:54   #262
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
if any of you have kids at Rhyddings, they are changing the school uniform for September, back to the blazer, shirt and tie
Bet the kids will be really impressed by this. I know when ive seen my neice and nephew in their uniforms they dont look "smart" like school kids used to.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 15:55   #263
God Member

i agree they will look smarter, but i know the uniforms they have now are a lot more comfy and not as stuffy
Old 25-03-2009, 16:01   #264
Senior Member+

Quote:
i agree they will look smarter, but i know the uniforms they have now are a lot more comfy and not as stuffy
That is quite true, never thought of that. It was only on the really hot days that we were allowed to take our ties off and unbutton our top button. They wernt strict about blazers then but still had to have jumper on, shirt tucked in and generally looking smart. Dont think comfort really came into it when I was at school. We had a dress code and had to stick to it (granted that didnt alway happen but the school tried)
Old 25-03-2009, 16:04   #265
God Member

the girls wont be pleased either, they cant wear any other shoes apart from 'dolly' shoes
Old 25-03-2009, 16:08   #266
Senior Member+

Quote:
the girls wont be pleased either, they cant wear any other shoes apart from 'dolly' shoes

Now thats harsh lol
Old 25-03-2009, 17:46   #267
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
My daughter will be in her final year in september...so if they think she gonna wear a Blazer just for a year they can think again.....how come you know this Flashy?, Iv not heard nowt
M<y daughter came home one day and mentioned that they wanted to change the uniform but i havent heard anything since!!
Old 25-03-2009, 20:09   #268
God Member

i know cos i'm clever

you should get to know sometime after Easter i should think
Old 25-03-2009, 20:13   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
My daughter will be in her final year in september...so if they think she gonna wear a Blazer just for a year they can think again.....how come you know this Flashy?, Iv not heard nowt
M<y daughter came home one day and mentioned that they wanted to change the uniform but i havent heard anything since!!
my boys will be in there last year in september too , this is a joke isn,t it , i have twins so im not goin out and gettin a blazer for the last year too, i think if we get letters im right on the phone ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 20:14   #270
God Member

IF you get letters? dont you mean WHEN you get letters?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..