Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2009, 16:41   #271
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

re: Rhyddings High School??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
my boys will be in there last year in september too , this is a joke isn,t it , i have twins so im not goin out and gettin a blazer for the last year too, i think if we get letters im right on the phone ,
Oh what a coincidence!, what are thier names my daughter might know em!!
Old 27-03-2009, 13:00   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Oh what a coincidence!, what are thier names my daughter might know em!!
there names are sam and will telford ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 17:35   #273
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

yep she did mention those names, but she dont know them to speak to em i dont think....what form are they in?
Old 12-05-2009, 19:47   #274

Talking re: Rhyddings High School??

Hi all,
i was there 77 - 82, Miss Wallace was our last form teacher before we escaped, cant remember the name of the year tutor but he used to spend more time in registration than we did like a luv sick puppy.
Par for metalwork and that maniac Winckley for woodwork.
Couldn'd escape French fast enough thanks to Herr Chapples.
Mr Smith for English, dopey Roper for maths i think.
Mr Kiernan for music and Dickie Downs the bucket chemist.
Mrs Barnes for Biology, human Biology was a big disappointment!
Mr Ormorod was our first maths teacher, great guy.
Remember when the first computers arrived ?.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 17:32   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblad View Post
i went to rhyddings left in 1976 i remember mr and mrs merrigold mr fox took us for gardening ,mr coulter pottery, mr barnes science, mrs dutton library ,goodhall history he was a horrible teacher, we had a maths teacher who was disabled canny remember her name
I remember her name - Mrs Benson. Poor woman got absolutely ripped to pieces by pupils.
pc1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 17:37   #276

Very sad to hear about Tommy. I remember him well and as I remember lived near him at Knuzden.
pc1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 22:04   #277

by the left,you are makeing me feel old i remember most of them, but iam not realy old.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 19:11   #278

Hi, I remember all the teachers you mention. I was at Moorend, Ossy started in 1963, then to Rhyddings and The Tech. My brother married Mr. Gibsons daughter Jennifer. Mr Gibson was my form teacher at the Tech.
alsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 19:08   #279
Junior Member+

I was also at Rhyddings,started in the 2nd year and left after the 5th form in 1970, Bob Cunliffe once gave me a hiding for calling out to him on Union Rd, and Frank Eland never had any time for me, he would be suprised now, Best teacher was Abdul Gibson,
Who remembers Paddy Heffernan ??
5th Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 19:15   #280
Junior Member+

Who was the woodwork teacher at Moor End, can't remember his name, was it Howorth or Hacking, he used to gaze out the window watching the pigeons from WhiteAsh flying round and pretend they were German fighter planes, then he would chuck the board cleaner at you for not paying attention, ???
5th Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 00:00   #281
Senior Member+

Don,t know about Moor End but the woodwork teacher at the tech was Ronnie Howland in the mid 50s-60s
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 08:53   #282
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Circle View Post
Who was the woodwork teacher at Moor End, can't remember his name, was it Howorth or Hacking, he used to gaze out the window watching the pigeons from WhiteAsh flying round and pretend they were German fighter planes, then he would chuck the board cleaner at you for not paying attention, ???
Well when I went to Moorend woodwork classes it was Hacking, he also went on a trip with us to Holland organised by St Marys School Ossy that was 57 or 58
Old 17-10-2010, 02:22   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Circle View Post
Mr Hacking was his name.
He had a slipper [about a size 14] with a plywood insert,and used it quite a lot.
If i remember correctley his favourite saying was,BEND OVER AND FACE MECCA and then WHACK.
Most Friday afternoons in woodwork class were spent washing his car[a Ford classic] ready for the weekend.
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 09:00   #284
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by south aussie View Post
Mr Hacking was his name.
He had a slipper [about a size 14] with a plywood insert,and used it quite a lot.
If i remember correctley his favourite saying was,BEND OVER AND FACE MECCA and then WHACK.
Most Friday afternoons in woodwork class were spent washing his car[a Ford classic] ready for the weekend.
He was quite handy with that slipper too SA
Old 15-12-2010, 15:20   #285

Re: Rhyddings High School??

I went to Rhyddings from 86 to 91. Teachers I had were- business studies: mrs atkinson, maths: mr duffy, french: miss sutton, science: mr roper, mr downs and mrs lafferty, english: mr collings, p.e: mr thompson and mr grimes, geography: mr hargreaves, history: mr booth. Remember going on a school trip to pinzolo in italy skiing.
Bodomfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..