Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2012, 13:05   #301
Junior Member+

Re: Rhyddings High School??

Who was your favorite teacher and why?????
I had 2 really, Bob cunliffe, and Mr newton,

Bob because he gave us permission to skip classes we didnt like and go and play football in the new sports hall.

Les Newton because he was a decent teacher who took no rubbish from anyone.
even to the extent of going to the gates and sorting out some mad dads that came every now and then,
westendlass likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 15-10-2012 at 08:02. Reason: *'s
accybornandbred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2012, 20:00   #302
kdh

I never went to the school but my uncle was a teacher there Mr Haworth.
westendlass likes this.
kdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 20:14   #303
Full Member+

Happy memories. I was there from 77-82. Mrs banks once caned me and a mate for some trivial rubbish, she also caught me out selling forged parents notes. Always thought she was too much of a stiff. Also does anyone remember Mr abel. Think I saw Mrs merrigold a couple of months ago in ossy.
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 23:03   #304

Mrs. Merigold is still around. I didn't go to Rhyddings but I went to her for piano lessons in my teens.
westendlass likes this.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 10:04   #305
Full Member+

I was also there from 77 - 82. Remember Mr Flanagan (Flambards) ,Mr. Frankland, Mrs. Fogg, Mr. Abel (my favourite) , Mr.Ainsworth (he's still there! ), Mrs. Banks (Boo),Mr. And Mrs. Atkinson etc. Happy days! Great time to be a teenager!
Old 29-01-2013, 11:15   #306
God Member

westendlass, you were probably in the same year as my sister Karen Entwistle. I was a few years younger ( 80-85)
westendlass likes this.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 11:38   #307
Full Member+

Entwisi. The name rings a bell, just trying to picture her face! One of my old school mates is coming round soon and he remembers everyone so I'll pick his brains.
Old 29-01-2013, 12:41   #308
God Member

blond curly hair and glasses, was into music with Mr Keenan(???) played clarinet.
westendlass likes this.

Old 29-01-2013, 18:16   #309
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Entwisi. The name rings a bell, just trying to picture her face! One of my old school mates is coming round soon and he remembers everyone so I'll pick his brains.
Might know my daughters Julia and Tracy Shorrocks
westendlass likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 20:22   #310
God Member

I remember Tracy, she was in the same year as me
westendlass likes this.

Old 30-01-2013, 09:19   #311
Full Member+

No, I don't think they were in my year. There was only one lad with the same surname that I can recall.
Old 30-01-2013, 10:05   #312
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I remember Tracy, she was in the same year as me
She lives in China at the moment ian, but will be relocating to Boston Massatuces in June when the kids finish their schooling, she comes home every year, usually twice a year, they have a house in Colne, but I think they are selling it now they are permanently locating to Boston, I contact her on Facebook, the only reason I have an account
westendlass likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 09:43   #313

Hi. Not sure if this thread is still alive, but I've enjoyed reading it.

I was at Rhyddings from 79-83, and recognise lots of teachers' names. Mr Newton was a star wasn't he!

I didn't notice anyone from the same year in the thread but if there is, there is a reunion happening in June. There's a Facebook page for it called Rhyddings 83.

Any of you 82ers remember Lorraine Hargreaves and/or know how she's doing these days?
chippieminton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 12:50   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfc babe View Post
iwent to Rhyddings. was in year 7 when miss moore left at christmas...thank god!!!
i liked my blazer, loads of pockets to put things in!
63 to 68 and I'm sure that the layout has changed but back then they had a couple of new rooms upstairs??? As was the norm we ran everywhere but always got dragged back as you turned to run up the stairs and you blazer pocket got caught by the metal handrail that stuck too far out almost always ripping the blazer!!! Mum was happy!
gdm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 19:44   #315
Full Member+

As i recall, when we were caught running down the corridor a hand would fly out from some doorway and grip you by the collar. Then you would be made to walk all the way back to where you came from and start again under the steely eye of some tyrant (and there were many). I was thrashed many a time by one or other inadequate excuse for a teacher. The best teacher were the most inspirational ones, they didn't have to batter you as they had your concentration in the first place. Still, I have happy memories with my mates and still see some of them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..