Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2013, 12:40   #316

Re: Rhyddings High School??

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ok whos from rhyddings county high school, and i dont mean Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School, as it is now called!!! i mean when miss moore was the head!, and blazers were the fashion. c,mon dont be shy......
My husband is not shy. His school which was the Junior Technical School moved there with their teachers including Lol Marsden in 1947 It was then a empty building. They moved from Portland St Accrington. The principle, Ernie Overend, moved to another Tech and Lol was appointed principle after the move. The Tech uniform was Green Blazer,Green Cap, Grey Shirt, and Green and White striped tie.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2013, 12:50   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
Rhyddings 1967-1972, Mr Marsden the head and we all had to wear blazers, tie and gray pants.
Lol Marsden was the first principle. Appointed 1947
Old 28-04-2013, 14:29   #318
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
My husband is not shy. His school which was the Junior Technical School moved there with their teachers including Lol Marsden in 1947 It was then a empty building. They moved from Portland St Accrington. The principle, Ernie Overend, moved to another Tech and Lol was appointed principle after the move. The Tech uniform was Green Blazer,Green Cap, Grey Shirt, and Green and White striped tie.
I started tech in 59, was the tie not green n yellow? Remember Lol very well.
Old 28-04-2013, 15:49   #319
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I thought so too, though I never wore one, saw plenty in my time. Was there not yellow on the blazer too?
Old 28-04-2013, 18:20   #320
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I thought so too, though I never wore one, saw plenty in my time. Was there not yellow on the blazer too?
Only on the badge as i recall, Not 100% sure though. DtheP may recall if he sees this.
Old 28-04-2013, 22:23   #321

Quote:
Yes you could be right. He cannot remember for sure, what was on the badge, but thinks the blazer was just green. It's many moons ago.
Old 29-04-2013, 12:17   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Vol Croston taught me to drive too.

Was talking to Tina's mum last week.
My husband knew Volly very well. They worked together when in their teens, he also learnt my husband to drive. Last saw him and his wife when we had a reunion in James St Club Ossy in 1990 when on a visit back to Accy from OZ.
Old 29-04-2013, 12:46   #323
I am Banned

Quote:
Only on the badge as i recall, Not 100% sure though. DtheP may recall if he sees this.
Plain Green Blazer and cap. Tie and badge yellow and green
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 12:47   #324
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
Yes you could be right. He cannot remember for sure, what was on the badge, but thinks the blazer was just green. It's many moons ago.
Near sure hes correct wi the blazer, reckon there was only colour on the badge.
Old 29-04-2013, 21:54   #325
Senior Member+

Blazer just dark green, the badge shaped like a shield in yellow with ASTS at the bottom. The tie yellow and green angled stripes but we still looked a scruffy lot, on my photos anyway. Was there 1956/60.
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 22:01   #326
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Cheers,seems me memorys not as bad wi those things, Happy Days.
Old 13-01-2014, 20:40   #327

93-98 here, Miss Moore the bulldog chewing a wasp was head teacher until Mr Burke took over and gave us a strange speech about Crash Bandicoot.

Mr Newton awesome teacher only had him for one class of the final year although he did slap the goodness out of my mate for flicking rubberbands hahaha we still liked him tho, Mr Szpack had him for PSE where he taught us having sex using crisp packet condoms is dangerous and also some ju jitsu moves lol Mr Barnes taught geography, nice teacher always chilled even when he caught me punching another kid in the face.

Miss Cooper P.E teacher aka j-lo of them days, Mr Thompson P.E. teacher he went sooo red when he got mad, Mr Best, science teacher nice guy when he was there which wasnt often got pushed around by some bad kids tho, Mr Hargreves Maths teacher screw him and his weird ass desks that uppercut you, I felt like i was battling the effects of chloroform everytime i was in his class, Mr Winkley he was ok with me but others had alot of problems with him, last I heard he topped himself in his car not sure if its a rumour or true, Mr Mcmanus aka captain kremmen odd guy, I heard he snapped and slapped a kid haha Mr Chappel French teacher he used to sit in the quad playing his guitar really badly and he went on and on about a cravate for some reason

Good times, gosh I miss those greasy pizzas at lunchtime...

Last edited by shinobi; 13-01-2014 at 20:46.
shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 21:56   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson View Post
When i was there 78 to 82 Franklin was only the deputy headmaster
Dya mean 73 to 78 Mick ?
andynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 22:16   #329

We (Andy n Lisa) both went to Rhyddings at different times and I can honestly say I enjoyed it there 99% of the time. (1973-1978) Reading back over all these posts brings back some great memories so well done to Panther for bringing up the question.
andynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 17:23   #330

I was there from 63-67 mainly at the tech and moorhead. did a couple of years at the main school wth a mr smith as our form teacher
alsteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..