Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2006, 17:22   #76

re: Rhyddings High School??

I remember Rhyddings with alot of happy and funny memories. Mr Kerr Mr Bolton Mrs Halliwell Mr & Mrs Merrigold with her white streak in her hair and big teeth. Mr Frankland the depity head and Mr Marsden the Head Master who Exspelled me for 3 days for wearing a neckless and a cord jacket. I was part of the commerce class for 2 years I can't remember the teachers name who was the typing shortland teacher, but do you? I was at Rhyddings in the early 70's my name then was Karen Whittle. Iremember Mr Jagger the Art Teacher who always walked as if he was about to start skipping.

Karen
karen weighill is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2006, 17:49   #77
Senior Member+

i went between 95 and 00, headteacher was miss more for my 1st 2 years then mr burke from then on..
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 11:01   #78
Junior Member+

Who turned paddy's car over?
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 11:58   #79

Hi, I graduated in '68, I remember all those teachers. I also went into the commerce class. 4 Com and 5 Com, and our typing teacher was Mrs. Theckston. I can't remember the short hand teacher, I think it was Mrs. Barnes, she used to live on Richmond Road near the Clough.
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 14:54   #80
I am Banned

Straycat you must have been in the same year as me at rhyddings I went 77 - 82!
MANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 18:39   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaner3
Hi, I graduated in '68, I remember all those teachers. I also went into the commerce class. 4 Com and 5 Com, and our typing teacher was Mrs. Theckston. I can't remember the short hand teacher, I think it was Mrs. Barnes, she used to live on Richmond Road near the Clough.
Thanks for letting me know it was Mrs Theckston. she always had a crush on Mr Kerr I think it was because they were both the same height (small).
Was Mrs Clark teaching at the end of 68 she was the English Teacher, short but very well dressed and alittle posh but agood teacher. I loved History with Mr Heffernan until he hit me on the head with a book for smiling during his lesson. I sometimes drive pass Rhyddings it looks so small now. It seems massive when I was a student there. The nuns from Paddock House School were always complaining about the boys from Rhyddings looking at their girls knickers.
karen weighill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 21:28   #82

Hi Karen,
Mrs. Clark was still there after I left in 68, I remember her being pregnant, I don't know what year it was, probably around 65-66. I was in Y classes then. And her nephew Jimmy Mcloughlan was in the same class. She really was a great teacher. Mr. Heffernan, we used to run rings around him. He was hilarious.
I was "home" last May and me and my friend drove past the school, as you said, it does look small, and now its a business centre?
Are the Nuns still at Paddock House? I tell you alot has changed since I left to go to the "colonies" lol.
You might know my younger brother? his name is Andrew Goody and he was at Rhyddings in the '70s.
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 22:56   #83
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaner3
Hi Karen,
Mrs. Clark was still there after I left in 68, I remember her being pregnant, I don't know what year it was, probably around 65-66. I was in Y classes then. And her nephew Jimmy Mcloughlan was in the same class. She really was a great teacher. Mr. Heffernan, we used to run rings around him. He was hilarious.
I was "home" last May and me and my friend drove past the school, as you said, it does look small, and now its a business centre?
Are the Nuns still at Paddock House? I tell you alot has changed since I left to go to the "colonies" lol.
You might know my younger brother? his name is Andrew Goody and he was at Rhyddings in the '70s.
Paddock House is no more, it now has new houses on the site. Joan Clarke's daughter was born in 1966, and trained as a teacher herself, and lives in the Cotswolds.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 06:37   #84
I am Banned

i didnt go there. is it a secure unit?
bad breath brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 09:21   #85
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad breath brown
i didnt go there. is it a secure unit?
Neither did I. If you read the thread you'd realise a lot of people did, and that it's a very successful school.

Perhaps at the splendid school you went to they didn't use capital letters?

A tip for the sad little nasty dog breath, if you are going to take karma off me, use capitals for your 'boring crap' comment, make sure you don't post at the same time as you do it....and thirdly it's always fun if you have the balls to sign it, like I did.

Lastly make sure you actually have enough power to alter someones karma before leaving witless little comments, otherwise it's not really worth the bother. I do.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 20:38   #86

I left in 2000 so I was lucky enough to have 2 headteachers during my time there.
Old 21-06-2006, 09:25   #87
Senior Member+

i went to rhyddings in 1991-1996 had mrs waters (french teacher) as reg teacher i left in 93 went to moorhead where i then had her husband mr watters as teacher
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 22:02   #88
God Member

i went to rhyddings 76-81 ahh some happy memories will never forget having to go to miss merrigolds office for my weekly cane lol , my hands still stingin
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 19:25   #89
cac
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
ok whos from rhyddings county high school, and i dont mean Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School, as it is now called!!! i mean when miss moore was the head!, and blazers were the fashion. c,mon dont be shy......
hi im cac i went to rhyddings i started1979 to1984 i remember miss moore the cream bum as we called her
cac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2006, 20:39   #90
Senior Member+

Hey Cherokee i left in 1978 but my brother was there too.Both go by the name of Dickinson his name was Richard????

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..