Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JCB

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2013, 09:01   #1

Robinson family

Hi all,

Researching the Robinson family. Looking for information on John Edward Robinson that lived at 68 Dowry Street, Accrington. He was born in 1910 in Blackburn and passed away in 1988. He was a retired labourer. Don't know if he was married or had any children.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
hamesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2013, 09:32   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Robinson family

Don't recall him Hamsie, I lived 5 doors away at 58, until around 1971, still see odd people around so will ask, may take awhile. If he had children they certainly wasn't around in the years i was yon.
Old 29-06-2013, 14:50   #3
Senior Member+

He isn't listed at 68 in 1951. Chweck the website Lancashire BMD (births, marriages, deaths
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 03:35   #4
Senior Member+

Too many John Edward Robinsons without any more info hamesie, as is you will have to hope cashman can find someone who knew him personally.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 10:49   #5
JCB

I was speaking to Frank Burrell who used to live at 70 Dowry St. He can't bring to mind anyone called Robinson living next door .
cashman likes this.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 11:16   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nice un JCB.
Old 30-06-2013, 13:38   #7
Senior Member+

I met Frank Burrell a few months ago, not having seen him for over 50yrs. As a youngster, ( Franks is 2-3yrs older than me) we played football and cricket on t'top ( Arnold St) and in St John's school yard for many hours. Give him my best, JCB.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 16:39   #8
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nice un JCB.
Frank remembers you , Cashman , and your brother and sister .
Old 30-06-2013, 16:40   #9
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I met Frank Burrell a few months ago, not having seen him for over 50yrs. As a youngster, ( Franks is 2-3yrs older than me) we played football and cricket on t'top ( Arnold St) and in St John's school yard for many hours. Give him my best, JCB.
Will do .
Old 30-06-2013, 21:07   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Frank remembers you , Cashman , and your brother and sister .
Next time yeh see him, tell him me younger brother croaked a couple of years ago. He probably won't know.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25   #11
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Next time yeh see him, tell him me younger brother croaked a couple of years ago. He probably won't know.
Sorry to hear that . I'll tell Frank .
Old 02-07-2013, 10:43   #12

Hi all,

Thanks for your help. I have since found out that he married a lady named Thelma Place in Sept 1944 in Haslingden.

Cheers
hamesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:10   #13
Senior Member+

Haslingden is the registration district which includes Accrington [Hyndburn] so not necessarily married in Haslinden. Your best bet is to go to Accrington library and check the weddings for July-Sept 1944, should be some info there. I did find a death for a Thelma Robinson in Fleetwood 1979 but couldn't find any children at all.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:04   #14
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Haslingden is the registration district which includes Accrington [Hyndburn] so not necessarily married in Haslinden. Your best bet is to go to Accrington library and check the weddings for July-Sept 1944, should be some info there. I did find a death for a Thelma Robinson in Fleetwood 1979 but couldn't find any children at all.
Here they are on Lancs BMD - married at Hyndburn Register Office.

UKBMD Summary Page

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..