Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2011, 16:21   #1

Rowley

Does anyone know much about Angela Rowley, sister of Oliver Rowley? she lived in Ostletwissel. I am long lost relative and would like to know more. Would appreciate any help whatsoever.
kvella is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2011, 16:57   #2
God Member

Re: Rowley

I recall seeing Oliver's death notice a few years ago - I didn't know he had a sister, so sorry can't help - no doubt someone will.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 17:36   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I recall seeing Oliver's death notice a few years ago - I didn't know he had a sister, so sorry can't help - no doubt someone will.
I didn't know Oliver was dead Margaret must have missed that, can remember him from St Marys Ossy
Old 16-03-2011, 19:45   #4
God Member

I did not know him personally.
I had dealings with his mother during my work at DSS.
I cannot reveal details but that contact made their surname very memorable.

I hope that my recollection of the report of his death is not misguided - I don't want to relay bad news that might turn out to be false.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 21:43   #5
Junior Member+

Hi Only bob on here once in a blue moon (sorry to all) ... I met an Angela Rowley about 5 or 6 years ago (but don't quote me exact on that). She was living in a downstairs flat next to my father in Henry Street, Church opposite the Wellington pub (now Monte Cristos). I'd say this lass was in her late 50s. She'd left her shopping on her doorstep and we knocked to give it her back. Saw her once or twice after that but not since and my father moved out of the flats shortly afterwards. She was very pleasant. Not sure if this helps at all... Regards
swingbrig is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..