Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2010, 16:56   #91
Junior Member+

Re: St Christopher's

i went 1959 left jan 1960 to go to horsley green school in high wicombe bucks,and did not come back.miss richerds was our teacher mr jolly headmaster
stuart braysford is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2010, 12:24   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
for those who are in their sixties, who do you lot know, or should i say knew at st chrissys?

any certain ladys? or great pals who you miss?
do you remember a girl called julia kears lived on burnley road no 123 in accrington , my first girlfriend 1962-3 i remember buying her the first beatles album, just wonderd if she still had it, joking, no i would just love to speak to her again, belive she moved to winchester or down that way .
edward phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 16:59   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward phillips View Post
do you remember a girl called julia kears lived on burnley road no 123 in accrington , my first girlfriend 1962-3 i remember buying her the first beatles album, just wonderd if she still had it, joking, no i would just love to speak to her again, belive she moved to winchester or down that way .
always wondered what became of her, was in my class at St.Johns, being a clever sod i then went elsewhere. she would be 14/15 62/63.
Old 12-03-2011, 15:28   #94
Junior Member+

I went to St christophers in 1958-60 Mr Jolleys was headmaster would love for anyone who went in this time to get in touch
BillySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 15:49   #95
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySmith View Post
I went to St christophers in 1958-60 Mr Jolleys was headmaster would love for anyone who went in this time to get in touch
Mr Kilinbeck was headmaster, he died and Mr Jolley took over. I was there from 58 till 62.
Lat year at school was in 4a. Mr Rushton was form teacher. Eileen Stanton, Eileen Kenyon, Marjory Mosby, Ian Spencer, Allan Dodd, loads more but cant remember names.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 15:50   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Mr Kilinbeck was headmaster, he died and Mr Jolley took over. I was there from 58 till 62.
Lat year at school was in 4a. Mr Rushton was form teacher. Eileen Stanton, Eileen Kenyon, Marjory Mosby, Ian Spencer, Allan Dodd, loads more but cant remember names.
Did you by any chance come across Barry Jefferson
Old 12-03-2011, 16:46   #97
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Did you by any chance come across Barry Jefferson
Name does not ring any bells mate.
Old 12-03-2011, 18:20   #98
Junior Member+

Anyone remember these people by any chance? Brenda Birtwell, Pauline Woods, Kathleen Mercer, Joan Green, Carol Bradshaw, Stella Dearnley, Alan Freeman, David Barton, George Castle, Tony Mcvey, Jean Moore, Jean Moor, Alan Aspin, Carol Stubbins, Eileen Grimshaw, Brian Skelton, Colin Jones, Stuart Keep, Colin Shakleton, Rosemary Richards and Rosemary Hunter
Old 12-03-2011, 18:45   #99
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySmith View Post
Anyone remember these people by any chance? Brenda Birtwell, Pauline Woods, Kathleen Mercer, Joan Green, Carol Bradshaw, Stella Dearnley, Alan Freeman, David Barton, George Castle, Tony Mcvey, Jean Moore, Jean Moor, Alan Aspin, Carol Stubbins, Eileen Grimshaw, Brian Skelton, Colin Jones, Stuart Keep, Colin Shakleton, Rosemary Richards and Rosemary Hunter
Yes knew most of them. all 1 year above me. Tony Mcvey was a bit of a handfull wasnt he.
Old 12-03-2011, 18:49   #100
Junior Member+

He certainly was wouldnt happen to know where any of them are now would you?
Old 12-03-2011, 18:51   #101
Mog

Alan Aspin was called Jazz. His dad was a tatoo guy from Blackburn Road,
Old 12-03-2011, 18:54   #102
Junior Member+

Yes well it was my wife who knew Alan just reminded her he was called Jazz
Old 12-03-2011, 18:55   #103
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Alan Aspin was called Jazz. His dad was a tatoo guy from Blackburn Road,
Havent got a clue mate. I left St Christophers in 1962 and worked in the coal mines. Bank Hall colliery in Burnley, Huncoat Colliery and Hapton Valley. Then moved to Coventry in 1969 and worked in Coventry Colliery until 1992. Then moved down to kent in the channel tunnel. Been in Kent ever since.
Old 12-03-2011, 19:14   #104
Junior Member+

I played at Elite snooker club as well with the horrible stairs so im surprised i dont remember you
Old 12-03-2011, 19:33   #105
Mog

You may do. I used to go out with a girl from Fern gore. Maureen Wallace. She had a brother called Roy. He used to knock about with Pat Varley. My mate was Bob Burnside.

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..