Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2012, 18:53   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Sue Cook

Sorry Leannebam that you didnt get the help you wanted, but now I think I know where she lives. I will contact you.

Last edited by Atarah; 24-07-2012 at 19:00.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2012, 18:41   #32

The reason I mentioned it yesterday is that the original poster may have been put off revisiting this site due to the comments that bore no relation to her quest and may not even read the latest post which would help her locate Sue Cook.

It matters not what date a reply is posted, (unless the thread is dead), new members would not have been party to older threads (I had only just seen it as a new post was entered.

I have no problem with criticism but Forums such as this, and in particular this thread on Lost Friends/Families, should serve to help members in achieving success (or am I being too cynical?)

Personally I have tried to assist a number of members on this thread towards locating family and friends and I would like to think that there are many others who would, and still do, help out ..... and are not put off by
comments that have little bearing on the threads aim.
leannebam likes this.
accybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 15:51   #33
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryjane View Post
Hi,

Sue lives in Accrington just down the road from me but she has actually retired from mediumship. I saw her a couple of months ago, she was just about to have her 60th birthday.

Hope this helps
Thank you for this. I have heard this news from others as well. Such a shame I never got to see her.

Thanks again
leannebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 15:54   #34
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybill View Post
The reason I mentioned it yesterday is that the original poster may have been put off revisiting this site due to the comments that bore no relation to her quest and may not even read the latest post which would help her locate Sue Cook.

It matters not what date a reply is posted, (unless the thread is dead), new members would not have been party to older threads (I had only just seen it as a new post was entered.

I have no problem with criticism but Forums such as this, and in particular this thread on Lost Friends/Families, should serve to help members in achieving success (or am I being too cynical?)

Personally I have tried to assist a number of members on this thread towards locating family and friends and I would like to think that there are many others who would, and still do, help out ..... and are not put off by
comments that have little bearing on the threads aim.

Thank you. Nail on the head. Came across this again, I had stayed away due to some of the unhelpful comments.

Thank you though to those who were kind enough to assist.

And time means nothing as you said. Once it's posted, it's posted.
leannebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 16:43   #35
Beacon of light

It is sad that the responses kept you away.
There is a lot of cynicism related to things that are not well understood.
Even if you think the consulting of a medium is 'quackery' if it helps someone deal with their grief and hurts no one, then where is the harm?
I would always try to help someone regardless of my own thoughts.
MITZY and cashman like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..