Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 23:58   #1

Who knows the Worswick Family--

Now then, now then, now then....As Jimmy Saville would say..Just watched his Funeral on telly, Very sad...Raised 40 Million for charity...Nice Guy....

To change the subject somewhat, My 31 year old sons new girlfriends Gran lives in Kendal. Her husband was brought up in Accy...The family name is ::
Worswick...His folks had a scrap yard in Accrington..Wear Street, ? forgive me but I have only been here for 5 years. Accy that is,...When (Gran) found out I lived in Accy, she was over the moon to hear this, and thought I would know the family..I don't!! but I said I think I know a town that does..So !! over to my chosen place to live, and see if you can throw some light on this for me...Could be brownie points in it for me,since her in doors and I, are off to (Grans) with son and new girlfriend for Christmas..Thank's in anticipation.......Tony x
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2011, 05:47   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Who knows the Worswick Family--

Hi, doesn't sound like it's anything to do with a scrap yard, but the name Worswick does crop up in these threads.

Post 54, in this thread...
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...s-29758-4.html

From post 23, in here...
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...a-47645-2.html

Might be useful, though I'm sure someone will come along who'll be able to give better information, regarding the person you asked about.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 22:12   #3

Hi Gardina, Thank's for that info.I am sure more will be on it's way......Tony
Old 10-11-2011, 22:18   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1002 View Post
Hi Gardina, Thank's for that info.I am sure more will be on it's way......Tony
I bet there will be.

Village of the Damned.

Everyone knows everyone else here.

Or is related to them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 15:28   #5

There was a family called Worswick lived opposite me on Lower Antley St in the 50's & 60's. Ann (the daughter) would be about 58 now. I think she moved to Blackburn after she married. I think her husband worked on the buses (Accy Corporation)at that time. Try as I might I can't remember her parents names, but I think her dad died from throat cancer. There was also talk of a half brother called Ken.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 16:00   #6

We sold our house to Alan Worswick back in 1970, he played cricket for Accrington.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 23:26   #7

Well now we are cooking with gas,, Thank's for the info Jelly baby, I will pass this to the gran! in Kendal, and I am sure things will get moving..Ossylass you are a star, thank you for all that ...I had an unlcle (Jack Horabin) who played cricket for Accriongton in the 50ties...he had a sign writing business in Warner Street I think !!.........Tony
Old 12-11-2011, 23:34   #8

Jelly Baby, I live in a location just off Lower Antley Street, Love accy should have moved here years ago.....Tony
Old 13-11-2011, 03:01   #9
Senior Member+

That would be Alan Worsick not Worswick, known him for over 50 years along with his parents.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 09:06   #10
Senior Member+

I used to go to School with a lad called Terry Worswick, not seen him for several years, but think he lives over Clayton way!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 13:31   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Now then, now then, now then....As Jimmy Saville would say..Just watched his Funeral on telly, Very sad...Raised 40 Million for charity...Nice Guy....

To change the subject somewhat, My 31 year old sons new girlfriends Gran lives in Kendal. Her husband was brought up in Accy...The family name is ::
Worswick...His folks had a scrap yard in Accrington..Wear Street, ? forgive me but I have only been here for 5 years. Accy that is,...When (Gran) found out I lived in Accy, she was over the moon to hear this, and thought I would know the family..I don't!! but I said I think I know a town that does..So !! over to my chosen place to live, and see if you can throw some light on this for me...Could be brownie points in it for me,since her in doors and I, are off to (Grans) with son and new girlfriend for Christmas..Thank's in anticipation.......Tony x
Just seen this. Alan Worsick was the only one from our class(the B stream) at Peel Park to pass the 11 plus. Mr Gleave was the teacher. Alan did go on to be a cricket professional
Ivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 14:23   #12
Senior Member+

As he is a Grammar School Old Boy, I have Alan's contact details - Robot send me a PM with your contact details and I will ask Alan to contact you.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 19:14   #13

There's some Worswick's living in Accy who own Alan Worswick Engineering on Whitebirk #ind Estate in Blackburn, i think he might be called Nigel and he does/did rallying. Not sure but could be Westwood Street, or Pansy Street South area
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 15:03   #14
Full Member+

I live on Westwood St , have done for 34yrs, not heard of a Worswick here but may know him by site.
I am out with a Worswick tonight but she is divorced and doubt she would talk of her x.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 06:26   #15
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Who knows the Worswick Family--

Quote:

Hi Debbie here. I knew a big family off them . Total off 13 all together. They used to work at funnies night club which was on the Blackburn rd everyone in accy new them . They are a brilliant family. Good luck
Debbiepilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..