Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 14:37   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Woodnook St Mary's

...........and the Gloy Glue & INK!! Lol!....Which we also used to dip cotton wool in & flick up at the photo of John Barton...Erics Dad!! Lol!

Izzy Wizzy Lets Get Busy....Stick!! Hee Hee!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2011, 14:55   #32

Hi Taggy, I went to WSM too. Theres a lot of mixed up facts here. some people are getting Woodnook St. Marys and Woodnook Secondary Modern's teachers mixed up. Also it's Trevor not Kevin who moved to Sabden. Kevin's the musician and Trevor is an accomplished artist.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 15:17   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Hi Taggy, I went to WSM too. Theres a lot of mixed up facts here. some people are getting Woodnook St. Marys and Woodnook Secondary Modern's teachers mixed up. Also it's Trevor not Kevin who moved to Sabden. Kevin's the musician and Trevor is an accomplished artist.
I know Kevan definately moved to Sabden too because he told me last time i spoke to him, i've not seen him for a long while now, as far as i know he's still playing in one of the tribute groups...New Amen Corner, if memory serves me right! Is Trevor the Elder brother with Grey Hair who is also a draftsman or architect or similar or is that Dave? I still see him around & about every now & then.

Best Regards - Taggy

Last edited by Taggy; 05-07-2011 at 15:21.
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 08:26   #34

Dave's the elder brother with the grey hair, he's an architect or structural engineer or something like that. You see him in The Abbey quite a lot.
Old 27-08-2011, 11:00   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Dave's the elder brother with the grey hair, he's an architect or structural engineer or something like that. You see him in The Abbey quite a lot.
Nah you see him in Abbey quite a lot,cos yer a pishhead.
Old 28-08-2011, 12:55   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah you see him in Abbey quite a lot,cos yer a pishhead.

Cheeky ******!!
Old 28-08-2011, 13:23   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Cheeky ******!!
I know,but i can get away wi it cos yeh can't catch me.
Old 28-08-2011, 14:46   #38
Junior Member+

I didn't think Mrs Aspden had died as was mentioned on here in a earlier thread. Saw her a few years ago at the hospital in Accrington she used to live in Bentcliffe Gardens off Manchester Road, she remember me when I saw her she even knew my maiden name which is remarkable for someone of her age, and especially when you consider how many children must have passed through during all the years she taught. I can remeber her reading Enid Blyton's Faraway Children to us in English lessons. I used to go to the school from 1963-68 My name was Anne Shearon, my brother also went to the school Michael Shearon. My friends at school were Susan Bailey, Christine Hindle, Sharon Martin, Carole Holliday. anyone remember these people? I can remember the boys used to be scared of Mr Barton with his pump and if you misbehaved you got the Cane.
Oh happy days !!! it never did us any harm though.
Anniebee58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 14:48   #39
Beacon of light

Mrs Aspden is now living in Eastbourne and is not very well at present.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 14:50   #40
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I know Kevan definately moved to Sabden too because he told me last time i spoke to him, i've not seen him for a long while now, as far as i know he's still playing in one of the tribute groups...New Amen Corner, if memory serves me right! Is Trevor the Elder brother with Grey Hair who is also a draftsman or architect or similar or is that Dave? I still see him around & about every now & then.

Best Regards - Taggy
I know Kevin Lingard, in fact how bizzare is this, I saw him in Clitheroe two wks ago and he said he was doing a gig at the Grand in Clitheroe, he his now with the Herman's Hermitts its not a tribute band its the real deal, he is the keyboard player and one of the vocals. They were brilliant on stage we had a great night.
Old 28-08-2011, 14:51   #41
Junior Member+

Quote:
Kevin does live in Sabden I can verify that only spoke to him on Wednesday night at a gig he was doing with Herman's Hermitts. They were brilliant
Old 28-08-2011, 14:53   #42
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Mrs Aspden is now living in Eastbourne and is not very well at present.
Sorry to hear that, I saw her a few years ago at Accy Vic she just looked the same as she always did, loads of makeup on.
Old 28-08-2011, 14:56   #43
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy
Dave is the architect, kevin is the musician, and Trevor is the artist, Dave is the eldest one.
Old 29-08-2011, 17:08   #44
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyd View Post
Yes i went there. It would be from 66 till about 72. Mr Barton was headmaster and the other teachers were Mr Whalley and i think Mrs Aspen.
In the infants the Headmistress was Mrs Waterhouse but i cant remember any of the other teachers names in the infants.
I remember a big white rocking horse in the entrance of the infants.
I have so many happy memories of that school.
I was the captain of the girls in Mr Bartons class and used to go to the post office every Monday morning to get the saving stamps.
School friends names i remember.......Susan Kennady. Janet Parkinson. Lesley Mcmillan. Derek Edge. Micheal Allen. James Dukes.
If i remember correctly the dinner lady was Mrs Duxbury.
My name was Lesley Owen.
My brother went there as well as my mother and uncles.
Any body else out there that went to that school dueing them years.
Yes Lesley I went there from 1963 my name then was Anne Shearon
I remember Michael McIntyre, I know James Dukes, his older brother is Steven Dukes. Other names were Denise Mitchell, Sharon Martin, Julie Entwistle, David Rosthorn, Paul Bailey.
Old 29-08-2011, 17:14   #45
Beacon of light

Mrs Duxbury was the caretaker..though she may have done the dinner lady thing too.
I only know this because she is my Mum.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..